Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas I currently have a 8762 boost timing retarding my timing from 35 down to 23. Degrees. That's on 8 psi..I'm looking to push more boost around 12-14. How would you all suggest I set my timing if I do so.? And how much should I retard it to?

PS...my car is intercooled And has a csu 750 carb

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need more info. Compression ratio, cylinder heads, cam, possibly IAT's and definitely fuel type. Also what did your plugs read like at 23 degrees and 8psi. If at 8.5:1 on pump gas and 8psi there shouldn't ever be a need to pull as much as 8 degrees.
compression ratio is "supposed" to be 9.5:1...i say that cause i bought the car and was told a few lies....heads are vic jr, i was told it was a roller but its hydraulic, and i usually run 93. at the track i run 3 gal of 112 with one gal of 93. my afr's read low 11's at WOT, mid 13-14 idle and a bit lean at cruise around 15, the way its setup now ....not to worried about afr's but i was looking at timing numbers for when i add boost. i wanna make around 12lbs and dunno if i need to keep my timing set at 35 degrees and retard it down to low 20's or wat i need to do:confused:

·
Registered
747 Posts
You shouldn't need to pull that much timing, I'd say you are safe to ramp it down to 24 or so with some race gas in there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I should keep my initial timing around 35-36 an retard 1-1.5 degrees per pound of boost...I guess Wat I'm getting at is do I need to up my starting point or retard more down below 20 degrees on 14lbs? Like I said earlier I am retarding 1.5 right now on 8psi...starting at 35 degrees ending around 23 degrees..

im always running 93 or 112 and most of the time its mixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts