Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is to close to the tip,do i advance it to move closer to the middle of the bend.Needs to back up closer to the base or threads.BBC 540 only running 34 degrees.fresh motor went soft on the tune to start with.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,wanted to be sure,figured it wants 36-38 at least.thought it would be soft tune at 34 just wanted to make sure the plugs are telling me the same thing.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Maybe iut wants you to take fuel away. Thats a cumbustion timing mark not a ign timing mark You can move it with fuel also.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just now tweaking the tune up,only running a week three or four times, and it could be a little fat.97 square with a 1250,no power valves.need to make a few passes down the track to get a good read on the plugs. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
At 97 square I would not be too quick to pull fuel out. Got a good picture of the plugs? I would describe it more as combustion heat, timing, engine temp and plug heat range all play a part in it. I would try a little more timing, and not at the the same time, try going up on jets before going down to see if it picks up.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
^^^ Just pointing out, don't start moving timing because of the mark, lots more goes into it, the "NET" has turned into a ign timing mark and its now very misunderstood.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
While were on this subject I have a 10.6-1 496 and I can not see the mark on my ngk8s. I dont know what I am doing wrong.36 degree timing.Help guys.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
If its to fat, or to cold of plug, it may not be making enough heat to burn back the strap got a picture

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,038 Posts
I'll try it this year. Thank you.

Yeah, maybe in 4 months or so....... When does spring actually come to the Chicago area so there is no snow or ice? Here in NJ we have had storm after storm, don't think racing is coming for us this year..........

Mark and Jeff are dead-on. The "timing" mark on your plug is the cumulative affect of many things. You can change it's location several ways.

Watch the fuel ring down inside the plug, watch the line on the strap, and most importantly watch the mph through the traps.

A wideband AFR makes dialing-in the fuel much quicker, but you can do it without it.

Just using the wrong heat range plug can make you chase your tail too.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Yeah, maybe in 4 months or so....... When does spring actually come to the Chicago area so there is no snow or ice? Here in NJ we have had storm after storm, don't think racing is coming for us this year..........

Mark and Jeff are dead-on. The "timing" mark on your plug is the cumulative affect of many things. You can change it's location several ways.

Watch the fuel ring down inside the plug, watch the line on the strap, and most importantly watch the mph through the traps.

A wideband AFR makes dialing-in the fuel much quicker, but you can do it without it.

Just using the wrong heat range plug can make you chase your tail too.
Spring will come this year I think.lol When I got my plate and tune ups from Prock it said to use Nos fuel and 11s.I thought that fuel was to much for my app so I used 116.With the 11s the car ran like shit.Too cold so I am going to try 10s this time.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Use as hot a plug as least timing and least fuel and not drop MPH off, dont tune by ET

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
maybe a little better CLARIFICATION IN precise GRAMMAR so that I understand...

but not in HILLBILLY wording...

are you saying that the heat color band is only staying on the tip of the ground strap of the plug......???

I keep adding fuel and adding spark untill the heat band carries to the first thread..
a little common sence is needed on spark timming...!!!!

if there is allready metal cumming off of the ground strap,...
you have fucked the chicken...

but if not,
and then after changing plugs to clean and new fresh without any heat or color on them..
then,
I change fuel volume untill I then can carry a reliable and EVEN on ALL plugs...
A heat band down to the second thread...

then right about there, you either have more balls than I or you are just plain stupid.....

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
maybe a little better CLARIFICATION IN precise GRAMMAR so that I understand...
but not in HILLBILLY wording...

are you saying that the heat color band is only staying on the tip of the ground strap of the plug......???

I keep adding fuel and adding spark untill the heat band carries to the first thread..
a little common sence is needed on spark timming...!!!!

if there is allready metal cumming off of the ground strap,...
you have fucked the chicken...

but if not,
and then after changing plugs to clean and new fresh without any heat or color on them..
then,
I change fuel volume untill I then can carry a reliable and EVEN on ALL plugs...
A heat band down to the second thread...

then right about there, you either have more balls than I or you are just plain stupid.....
Glass house guy in action, once again. Fail You are worse than a Hillbilly, because you think your so smart. CMAFR:

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
IF YOU "Mc KC " ARE NOT ABLE TO TUNE YOUR SHIT AS CLOSE AS I CAN WITH THE color of the GROUND STRAP DOWN TO THE SECOND THREAD<
....>THEN YOU JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO TUNE A ENGINE.....

the fuel quality has to be up to the task...

sorry to your smart ass....you do not understand...

any good trained tuner can get this close without damaging the rest of the engine...

many others can try all they can on various engines and they will stil just blow shit up...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts