Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Who in the puck needs 48 minutes a day in the shitter for a 8 hour shift?? I don't think i spent 48 minutes a week in the shit house. :x

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Dont' listen to Chris he's one of those HARD @$$ Bosses..... you should hear him over the phone yelling and beating on his guys..... YEESH!! I think he fires 1 guy a week!!!! :-D

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
MAN, I cant believe I spent 20 minutes of the companies time reading about how long folks spend in the BR. LOL.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
LOL Bob..... that's good. Ford has engineers surfin the net all day long but NO BATHROOM breaks for the slave labor!!!

Big 3 engineering is such a joke.... that wasn't for you Keith. 8)

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Chris Poli said:
Who in the puck needs 48 minutes a day in the shitter for a 8 hour shift?? I don't think i spent 48 minutes a week in the shit house. :x
Usually takes me 3-4 minutes to "make a deposit", 1 minute to wash my hands x 3 a day = approx 15 minutes a day.... damn... I need to start milking chitter breaks. Nothing like getting paid to take a "load"off :-D

I know, I know :WGAF ...Right?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Michael Ray said:
Why are they worried about slowing down production on an SUV line anyway? Ain't nobody buying 'em.
They are in Michigan. We invented them, We build em and we drive the crap out of them too, LOL :-D

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
LOL Bob..... that's good. Ford has engineers surfin the net all day long but NO BATHROOM breaks for the slave labor!!!

Big 3 engineering is such a joke.... that wasn't for you Keith. 8)

Slave labor???? Appearantly you have never seen what one of their paychecks look like.. not to mention the benefits they have...

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
You can thank the unions for that!!!
I have a sore spot on the union...they are the reason I got moved from a facility 5 minutes from my house, now to one that is 50 minutes away, and I have to tip toe around cause I am in someone elses building.. :x

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Big 3 workers are not over paid.. The rest of the country is under paid..

Look at our history.. Back in the early 70's an average job would pay you $15,000 a year. With $200 you would have 2 shopping carts filled with groceries. A average house cost was around $20,000. A Corvette was around $4,500..

Nowadays an average job pays around $55,000 a year. An average house costs around $250,000... $200 will get the kiddie set in a shopping car filled and a Corvette costs $55,000... Do the match..

Also nowadays a man and wife are forced to work to make ends meat.. Back in the 70's the woman would stay home and take care of the kids.. JMO

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Monte, I went into an Onan plant to re-engineer a line back in 1990. I was just out of school and had my first "real" job. I thought I was making good money. There was a guy with an pneumatic torque wrench running in six bolts on the line making more money that I did and had better benefits...

People just want more stuff now. I don't remember my dad having three new cars back in the 70's. His average house was 1200 square feet, not 3500+square foot and he didn't have a Vette.

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Japan says it best.. They cant believe the big 3 spend 90% of their resources worred about 7% of the cost.. Yep 7% of the cost.. I do and have done work for all these companies.. Trust me its not the employees fault.. And I hate unions.. :D

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Big 3 workers are not over paid.. The rest of the country is under paid..

Look at our history.. Back in the early 70's an average job would pay you $15,000 a year. With $200 you would have 2 shopping carts filled with groceries. A average house cost was around $20,000. A Corvette was around $4,500..

Nowadays an average job pays around $55,000 a year. An average house costs around $250,000... $200 will get the kiddie set in a shopping car filled and a Corvette costs $55,000... Do the match..

Also nowadays a man and wife are forced to work to make ends meat.. Back in the 70's the woman would stay home and take care of the kids.. JMO
Monty you're right on with that...... I am making the same thing I made 6 years ago.... slightly less. Actually, my business is making the same thing it was 15 years ago.... the Design field really got screwed after the computers caming into the picture.... Kind of a bummer and now we compete with India who couldn't design a cardboard box.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts