Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here dealt with renting out their timeshare?

If so, did you do it on your own or use a third party company or service?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
We rented ours last year on our own. The people who ended up renting it said they were taken advantage of prior to our transaction by a 3rd party. We just used Paypal for payment and it was smooth.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We rented ours last year on our own. The people who ended up renting it said they were taken advantage of prior to our transaction by a 3rd party. We just used Paypal for payment and it was smooth.

Is yours a points based deal?

·
Registered
660 Posts
We have three of them with Marriott and use them all. Never even thought of renting or not using them.

For us it works pretty well as we have 6 children. It forces you to make plans each year to have some quality family time. Even though after the vacation you say "never again"!LOL

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have three of them with Marriott and use them all. Never even thought of renting or not using them.

For us it works pretty well as we have 6 children. It forces you to make plans each year to have some quality family time. Even though after the vacation you say "never again"!LOL
I only have 3 kids...I have said that before! haha

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
i rent out my own..they mail the cash or cert check or paypal then when i got my money i mail the key..goes smooth!
how much is your timeshare?

PM me, thanks

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It can be but that's not the way we did it. It's through Marriot in Hawaii. We just came to an agreement on price and then called Marriot to let them know who would be using it. We have to reserve the exact days 9 - 10 months ahead of time.

Gotcha!

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
If its your thing then timeshares are fine I guess. I did research on TS's and its got to be the biggest organized ass reaming of all time! Seriously, I looked hard to find an upside compared to a 'regular' vacation package and for 99% of vacations there isnt an upside. Aside from the few exceptions of exclusivity you can get vacation package rates at the SAME place cheaper and dont have to commit to a certain weekend, points and all the other associated BS. Like I said, if you like the structure of TS's then great but from what I can tell its a terrible value on average.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
God damn time share bullshit. I'm going to go to my grave kicking myself over getting one. Company I got the POINTS one from, good luck trying to book anything, never used it. Then the pricks went out of business, lost $12,000 fucking dollars. Its a crap shoot, do your research and don't go if they approach you to come to a "free information session". THE most stupid thing I've ever done in my life and probably ever will.:mad:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have three with two different companies. I don't think I would do it again. If you are going to buy one do it with a large corp. such as Marriot or Sheraton. They will have more options for your vacations.
They always leave out the part about taxes and maint. fees that never go away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts