Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im running a TKO 600 MMR 900 and 3rd gear goes out almost every year. I love running a 5 speed but at the strip am I leaving that much on the table?

Im a 347 SS full weight with bar but no backseat hatch, Running 26 ET streets with a 3.73. Here is some of my times from tonights TnT. The car needs to get jetted up a 2-3 sizes yet I know, and timing is 10 degrees right now and its on 93.

60' 1.70 1.74 1.68
330' 4.77 4.85 4.83
ET @594 6.90 6.99 6.98
1/8 7.37 7.47 7.47
1/8 MPH 94.49 93.90 93.26
1K foot 9.61 9.7 9.71
MPH109.6 109.1 109.21
1/4 ET 11.50 11.64 11.74
1/4 MPH 116.41 110.97 105.63 (let off)

Im debating going auto now. Also maybe a dumb question but does MPH go down if ET is lower? Last year I had my car on a 28 DR and it wouldnt hook 2.2's 2.3's but my MPH was 121/3....Is something going on here? Im more of a fun runner but wouldnt mind to hit the 10's with some good gas and a small shot.

Let me know what you think....With this car Im getting into racing a lil more than the other ones I had. Thanks-Mike

·
Medium Pimpin!
8,852 Posts
Drag radials and manual transmissions dont like each other, thats why your 60ft sucked. MMR tkos are overpriced junk IMO. Running 11s with a T5 happened all the time back in the day.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drag radials and manual transmissions dont like each other, thats why your 60ft sucked. MMR tkos are overpriced junk IMO. Running 11s with a T5 happened all the time back in the day.
The MMR I bought it broke lol. Fixed it, broke it.... rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
698 Posts
sticks can be fast you just have to have the right one. if yours is just a street version with syncros then you will have a hard time shifting it fast. send it to liberty have it face plated then it will shift like butter. there is no why you are making enoungh power to break that trans something else wrong.

·
Registered
601 Posts
sticks can be fast you just have to have the right one. if yours is just a street version with syncros then you will have a hard time shifting it fast. send it to liberty have it face plated then it will shift like butter. there is no why you are making enoungh power to break that trans something else wrong.
^^^^_Agreed. Also you will slow down going auto, auto is more weight than manual trans and you have more power loss to rear wheels. Send that trans to liberty and get faceplated, it will last so long you will forget what trans is even in the car next time someone asks.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Depends on what you're doing. I run a C4 and looking at my user name you can see this wasn't always the case....And I fucking love it.
I've had it in the car 2 seasons now and likely around 80 passes right now trouble free. I have a mild 347 and it goes 11.30's like clock work.
For bracket racing....it's the shit!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might have to look into faceplating then. Im still trying to figure out why the car dropped in ET but lost MPH though. I know the switch to 26 ET streets helped a bunch ET wise, but Im trying to figure out where my MPH went now.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
Something is wrong somewhere. I ran 10.30's on the same trans for 4 years and then sold it to a buddy and 10 years later it still hasnt broken. this was a stock T5. check your bellhousing, it may not be centered.

·
Registered
301 Posts
an auto is not going to hurt you as much as you think. A good lockup converter will work great and can actually help your ET in the fact that all the things that worry about with a standard are gone and let you focus more on the driving duties rather than launch Rpm, Shift light, Ect.

Being on the dyne as much as i have i have seen cars come and go that had 5 speeds and switched to autos make the same power as before. the Key is the converter.

Circle D Specialties is a great place to start for a custom billet Lock-up Converter.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Send the TKO to either Liberty or G-Force. Faceplate that sucker and be done with it. As was mentioned above......you need to index that bellhousing also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts