Crewman "fuck you they'll do just fine"

Starter "I'm tellin you shut him off they won't hold"

Crewman "just go press the button and make sure its a pro tree"

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny as hell

Now that's some funny shit right there! lol We actually had 2 classes, Big Tire Automatic and Outlaw 10.5, in the lanes at the same time. A couple of guys were having trouble so everyone in the lanes were giving them a courtesy wait to give them time to make the call. The classes got mixed up and the starter was just making sure what class we were in and being certain that the run counted.

I can't remember the guys name, sorry, but he's a hell of a nice guy and a damn good starter for sure.

Again, funny as hell quote,

Martin

That sucks.

What was the staters deal??

Starter to crewman "those dzuses are never going to hold"

Crewman "fuck you they'll do just fine"

Starter "I'm tellin you shut him off they won't hold"

Crewman "just go press the button and make sure its a pro tree"

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Man that hood left in a hurry!!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
That sucks, but I know the feeling all too well, I have lost the hood a few times, seems the Dusters get a TON of air up under the front lip of the hood and peel them off.. The old Pro Stock Dusters used to use a seat belt to keep the hoods on.. I don't think I will go the seat belt route, but I am gonna work on securing it better...

Here is an in car vid of the hood coming off going through the traps at a 173mph..:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzcNT0cZslI

I think the hood was gonna exit, but the backfire when I lifted didn't help.. It killed a plug right on the hit, then crossed up the spark right through the traps and backfired..

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
im a dealer for Kaenen if u need a hood

chad
813-784-8248

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That sucks, but I know the feeling all too well, I have lost the hood a few times, seems the Dusters get a TON of air up under the front lip of the hood and peel them off.. The old Pro Stock Dusters used to use a seat belt to keep the hoods on.. I don't think I will go the seat belt route, but I am gonna work on securing it better...

Here is an in car vid of the hood coming off going through the traps at a 173mph..:rolleyes:

I think the hood was gonna exit, but the backfire when I lifted didn't help.. It killed a plug right on the hit, then crossed up the spark right through the traps and backfired..
DAMN! How the hell did you see outa that thing?? I accused myself of forgetting to latch the DZUS fasteners, but my son pointed out that 2 of the wires were broken as well as the fact that the hood would almost lift itself since it was hinged with new hold open cylinders. If I had left it unlatched, he'd have never made it through the burnout much less to the 330. We're going lift off with plenty of fasteners this time, maybe a little duct tape too!! lol. We duct taped it back on after it came off and managed to pull of a win, but it wasn't pretty. lol

·
Registered
194 Posts

puck that I will stay slow

·
Registered
435 Posts
I can't believe you lifted

1 - 20 of 22 Posts