Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many RPM's does your combo drop when you put it in gear?

My converter is real tight, I can get it to idle on the idle curcit in Park but when I drop it in gear it will drop 500-550rpm. Thus having to turn the butterflies open to run.....

T-flow

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
mine drops 200/300 rpm at most 8'' coan. I too played around with secondaries and idle circuit also have 2 sizes bigger on idle air bleed..(1050 dom)
not sure how much air bleeds effects it but wanted to clean the ide up more.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
what about drilling a small hole in each butterfly, so you wont have to open the butterflys more? a few motors ive worked on had them and my understanding for them being there was for the problem your having.

·
Registered
483 Posts
try adding timing or richening up the mixture? Sounds like something else is off if it is dropping that much.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've drilled holes in the front butterflies. Should I do the back too?
I will richen it up alittle bit and see what happens. It's a 15* sbc, running it at 31-32* is where it seems to be the best(on motor)

And it might be more like 350-400rpm but it drops like a turd.... It will idle @ 1050-1200rpm and put it in gear, down she goes.
I'm just kinda sick of how it idles, I usually have no problem setting it up to idle clean and run fine. But this Pigg's got me...Guess thats what it's all about.

T-flow

·
Registered
499 Posts
Have you worked the secondaries (opened) for idle speed? Get them up just into the low speed slot. You may be able to close the primaries and work the mixture screws a little more.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
i run around in the pits with 38-40* of timing. you can control throught a ign box or a dial right next to you. with the old 6al i used the dial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts