Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that running my combo N/A with a converter set up for nitrous will be tight, but with the calc. for slippage it is showing to be 0.188% slip. What slipage should I see? Is it not worth calculating when running N/A? This is a BBC in a 3450# chevelle, th400, 28" tall tire(88 cir.), 3.89 gear going through the 1/4 traps at 133.7 and 6250 rpm. I plan on shooting around 300hp N2o to this set up, but sure seems like the converter is very tight. Any input?

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I realize that running my combo N/A with a converter set up for nitrous will be tight, but with the calc. for slippage it is showing to be 0.188% slip. What slipage should I see? Is it not worth calculating when running N/A? This is a BBC in a 3450# chevelle, th400, 28" tall tire(88 cir.), 3.89 gear going through the 1/4 traps at 133.7 and 6250 rpm. I plan on shooting around 300hp N2o to this set up, but sure seems like the converter is very tight. Any input?
What does it flash to, with no limiter?

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
4200 rpm with out two step, and not 100% sure on shift rpm drop. At this time I do not have any data recording.
That's probably not far off... Put the shit to it, and see what happens. You really do need to have some data acquisition [ignition trace], so you can see the rollover point of the convertor, off the hit. Some people dont understand this, but it speaks volumes about the convertor. I've lived and died by this for a long time. A lot of guys talk about wheel speed, and Racepacks.. Unfortunetly, I could never afford one, and now I really dont think their necessary. If you dont have a 7531 Box now, do whatever you have to do and get one.
You wont believe what it'll do for you with that small tire, and a lot of Nitrous...;)
Maddawg

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Maddawg a Racepak will show you both the rollover and the wheelspeed.:supz:

They tend to run together. As the track starts to bite and slow the wheelspeed it pulls the engine down.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Maddawg a Racepak will show you both the rollover and the wheelspeed.:supz:

They tend to run together. As the track starts to bite and slow the wheelspeed it pulls the engine down.
Yaaa "JIGGLE", I know that. It's just that I never could afford one.. I've helped some people that have them, and they're definetly the "Mack Daddy" deal.. Out of necessity, I've learned to do it with the 7531... You know... 'Cause it'll control shit... And it's way cheaper..
"BrokeDawg"

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Yaaa "JIGGLE", I know that. It's just that I never could afford one.. I've helped some people that have them, and they're definetly the "Mack Daddy" deal.. Out of necessity, I've learned to do it with the 7531... You know... 'Cause it'll control shit... And it's way cheaper..
"BrokeDawg"
I hear ya Dawg.:smt082 Looks like we need to buy a 7531 instead of borrowing the 75301.:-damnit

"JiggleDawg".:smt082

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
The other thing is.. So many guys are concerned about the RPM drop on the shift... To me, if you make the rollover point right, and make it haul ass to 60ft, the Rpm drop on the shift really doesnt matter. There's no compromise. If it drops really bad, 'cause of a really tight convertor, put another "Wire" on it, and hit it with some more shit...
It's all gotta work good EARLY, then the ET slip will say - "You did Good"... Lotta ways to skin this cat... This has always worked best for me..
Maddawg

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
The drop on the shift simply indicates how tight the converter is to me. Ours used to drop 2,500. We were only allowed to run one stage. But it would load the hell out of the engine and it would run 37mph on the back half.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
The drop on the shift simply indicates how tight the converter is to me. Ours used to drop 2,500. We were only allowed to run one stage. But it would load the hell out of the engine and it would run 37mph on the back half.
I agree, to a point. But that's also relevant to power and gear ratios and such, at that given point.. Once you have some baseline data for the short times, it's way easier to progress your setup to go faster.
If you're limited to one system, well, then there's compromises...
I never ran anything for very long on one system... It just aint very much fun..
Dawg

·
RED ROCKET
8,636 Posts
I agree, to a point. But that's also relevant to power and gear ratios and such, at that given point.. Once you have some baseline data for the short times, it's way easier to progress your setup to go faster.
If you're limited to one system, well, then there's compromises...
I never ran anything for very long on one system... It just aint very much fun..
Dawg
i look forward to working with you on my set up very soon...i would possibly come to florida to race if i have a hard time with the new stuff for you to work on it in person if need be.

big will

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's probably not far off... Put the shit to it, and see what happens. You really do need to have some data acquisition [ignition trace], so you can see the rollover point of the convertor, off the hit. Some people dont understand this, but it speaks volumes about the convertor. I've lived and died by this for a long time. A lot of guys talk about wheel speed, and Racepacks.. Unfortunetly, I could never afford one, and now I really dont think their necessary. If you dont have a 7531 Box now, do whatever you have to do and get one.
You wont believe what it'll do for you with that small tire, and a lot of Nitrous...;)
Maddawg
Thanks, for sure looking into the 7531 very soon. Time to put some to it and see what it likes. Thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts