Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Idiot Savant
166,435 Posts
Not the bite

I had a kid tell me the other day that they're catching Mako sharks around here.

I was a deck hand out of Cisco for a few years back in the day and we never saw those things...at least nowhere near the Channel Islands.

Has something changed in the last 40 years?

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
When the Humboldt Squid were around a few months ago, There was a guy pulling one up & a large Mako chassed it all the way up to the surface. There's LOTS of Mako's & Thresher's around in our local waters, Just off the coast of Laguna Beach is a nice breeding ground, also off of the domes (San Onofre). The Men in Grey (great whites) suits don't come around until September - February, You'll notice washed up headless seals on the beaches

I had a kid tell me the other day that they're catching Mako sharks around here.

I was a deck hand out of Cisco for a few years back in the day and we never saw those things...at least nowhere near the Channel Islands.

Has something changed in the last 40 years?

·
Idiot Savant
166,435 Posts
I worked on a Charter boat that fished marlin down around Acapulco and we'd see them down there.

Well I guess if the water temp can bring the salmon down occasionally, if can get warm enough to bring the Humbolt up.

I've never seen a White.......big Hammerheads, Threshers, tons of Blues, and the little ones.....lots of Killer Whales. I didn't think the Threshers were here unless the water got cold. I never saw them until the Salmon came down the coast.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
A few of us drove up to Rincon (Santa Barbara) & was in the water for a few hours already, We were looking south towards the oil piers & saw a large white full breech with something large in it's mouth.
The changing of the seasons brings some big fish around here

I worked on a Charter boat that fished marlin down around Acapulco and we'd see them down there.

Well I guess if the water temp can bring the salmon down occasionally, if can get warm enough to bring the Humbolt up.

I've never seen a White.......big Hammerheads, Threshers, tons of Blues, and the little ones.....lots of Killer Whales. I didn't think the Threshers were here unless the water got cold. I never saw them until the Salmon came down the coast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts