Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you recommend for a welder for welding the ocasional alum head and intake. also some chromemoly tubing. not something that would get used every day. Might get used a couple times a month. Any welding schools for tig welding . I am in Ma

·
Registered
861 Posts
If you want to spend a lot of money go with an inverter, otherwise I don't think you can go wrong with the value of a lincoln precision tig 225.

·
Mstr Of Useless Knowledge
3,446 Posts
See if you can find you an older Miller Syncrowave 250 or equivalent, Lincoln Ideal arc... I picked one up Syncrowave 250 for $800 a few years back.. No complaints here....

·
Registered
642 Posts
look around for a used commercial miller welder you may be surprised at what you might find

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
another vote for the lincoln 225

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
someone offered me a ideal arc 300/300 tig the older lincoln huge gray box. it is in working condition with a cooler. Is this worth picking up or should i stay away.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
look around for a used commercial miller welder you may be surprised at what you might find

X2!!!!!

I picked up an older miller 335 ad/bp commercial welder for 600.00
It's not the most efficient thing. lol But it is a beast! Very consistant, and super reliable. Tho the electric bill does reflect on useage....;)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Helium/argon?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Cool thanks!

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
If you want to spend a lot of money go with an inverter, otherwise I don't think you can go wrong with the value of a lincoln precision tig 225.
X2. Best bang for the Buck!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I don't see that one welding an aluminum head. Not enough amperage. It would do great on tubing though.
You would be surprised what that machine can do with 200 amps and the right gas.I have it and haven't had a problem welding blocks,trans cases,intakes or heads.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts