Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These pictures were posted on the corral..a guy was asking about a harness bar with no cage... which I disagree with.. but it got me thinking.. I am going to be putting a cage in my hatch soon...would tieing the cage to the body via the seat belt bolt threads, or other locations..would that help strengthen the chassis any? I am thinking of making tabs to bolt to the body and then weld to the main hoop...and thinking about making some tabs that bolt together.. one welded to the halo on each front corner of the halo and one at each corner of the windshield on the body side..

Would it help?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wont be doing anything remotely close to that. My cage will be welded in... but I just wanted some thoughts on making some tabs to hold the body to the cage??

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I think he is referring to doing something like done on the A-pillar here but on the B-pillar where the hoop will run along it.

I assume something like this...(But not done nearly as far away/poorly).

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. My car will be getting at least a 10 pt...I just didnt know about tieing the car to the cage..Kinda like what 89notch posted... just not so shitty of a job.. IF it would help, if it doesnt offer any extra rigidity to the chassis I wont bother. I was just thinking since it is a street car and sees all kinds of road conditions, turns, flexing.. it might help. If I were building a track only tube chassis car I wouldnt worry with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts