Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sn95 body style. Would it be ok to use 1-5/8 round tubing 134 wall with a plate under the bottom to connect subframes? And could i weld in brackets to put the X pattern under the bottom With grade 8 bolts? Would this be strong and work as designed? This is a stock suspension car with exhaust turndowns at rear end.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
It all depends on how fast you are going. For your average street car, yes that is fine. If you are a above average car, then I like to go through the floor and weld to more of the floor. The through the floor is stronger. However, I do like that you are wanting to put in a X-brace with it. Are you welding the subframe connectors and then making the X-brace bolt in with brackets?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes im welding suframes. This is goin to be a mid to low 6 sec car. DOnt think it will be any faster

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
sn95 body style. Would it be ok to use 1-5/8 round tubing 134 wall with a plate under the bottom to connect subframes? And could i weld in brackets to put the X pattern under the bottom With grade 8 bolts? Would this be strong and work as designed? This is a stock suspension car with exhaust turndowns at rear end.
if you're going to use that heavy .134" then do yourself a favor and bevel the ends so that you can get more weld penetration.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you're going to use that heavy .134" then do yourself a favor and bevel the ends so that you can get more weld penetration.
I was going to notch all the tubing at the welds. All welds are goin to be clean. No ugly stuff on my car.. lol. Is there a differ tubing u would recommend for this job??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts