Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ticks .... whats good to get rid of them ? seems like every time i go in my yard i have one on me

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are going to be bad this year I have already found them on the dog
yea and i thought they where bad last year , its to early i think to be finding them , it sucks , got some tick stuff on the dog but im not sure if there is anything i can spray outside that helps reduce them

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
"Guinea hens..."

Ya know, that's funny, but it is true. They would eat everything crawling. I used to work with an older guy, several years ago, that had anywhere from 3 to 8 or something. He said that several times, but havent heard it now in many years.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have more experience than I would like to have with ticks. First, get the stuff from the vet to squirt on the dog between the sholder blades. They will get on the dog, but will eventually die yet that day. The over the counter Hartz stuff has a terrible reputation for making dogs sick, including one of ours. Lots of internet chatter about having it taken off the market, for what that chatter is worth.
For people, wear light colored clothing. It makes them easier to spot. Spray your clothing with deep woods off. There are concerns with very young children and using it directly on their skin. Adults seem to tolerate it well, and the back of the neck is a good place to wipe some by hand. I hate going to bed with that stuff on, so I generally bathe after a day of having it on. The common ticks are really thick here starting almost two years ago. The deer ticks are more common for spreading lyme desease. Of all the methods of removing, I have found a pair of tweezers the best. Check the dogs when you think of it. Particularly behind the ears. The trick to removing is to get whoever to sit still long enough to get the hair out of the way. I hate to even say this, but if you wear loose shorts in the yard, check your nutsack for them. I have not personally had them there, but I wear pants most times. I don't want anything disturbing the boys. Found an article here http://www.smdc.army.mil/2008/Safety/Articles/TickControlAroundTheHome.pdf
Looks like the military authored it. Pymethrin seems to be the poison of choice, which I have heard will sock it to those aisan beetles too.

·
and a little bent
2,277 Posts
MY NEIGHBORS DOWN THE ROAD HAVE SOME.....HOW WELL DO THEY GET ALONG WITH DOGS?....IT'S A SERIOUS QUESTION....I THINK THOSE PEOPLE HAVE DOGS.....I MEAN CAN THEY DEFEND THEMSELVES?
the fly into the trees to roost, they are dumb as bricks and free range for sure - but they do their job t o an extent

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spray a product called Bifenthrin on the lawn and perimeter. Hire a professional company.

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY?
I do if my dogs bug them they get a face full of guniea hen furry
They work good kevin I have 2 that keep my 4 acres clear

1 - 20 of 44 Posts