Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
from across the pond...
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an offer to buy some 60mm Tial wastegates. At the moment i'm planning on Turbonetics racegates x 2. Are these Tial ones better? anyone use them in big HP applications? planned HP is 2300 on pump gas eventually...
need to know ASAP....

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Andy,

all the folks on the Turbo Rustang site like them. I dont have any first hand experience, but they seem to work well for them. I have an innovative one & its a REALLY nice piece. Billet top on it, machined valve, nice unit. the Tials are bling bling with thier anodized tops, but I dunno about performance.

Besides you dont need no stinking waste gates, get 40 Lbs of boost @ idle thats the way I would run it. LOL.

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Red,

I've been using a single 46mm Tial piece for some time and it's truely a well designed unit. I'm currently at the 800hp level and there are no issues with a single 46mm. I understand some 2000hp beasts run twin 60's without issue as well. Either way, Turbonetics or Tial, can't go wrong.

You're right about the bling. I wanted to leave it on my desk... too pretty...

·
from across the pond...
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob,i'm planning on using the electromotive TEC3 boost controller that comes in the unit itself.when used with a solenoid it works quite well i'm led to believe.We are not allowed any pressurised bottles at the moment so it cannot be done by air.I know Jim uses that method with good success...
Nova,thanks for the info.I have gone with the Racegates now...
I'll post a piccy up tomorrow of the one turbo....it's large..lol

·
from across the pond...
6,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the cup?....about 2"...lmao...
The impeller size is 88mm but the housing is 13" across....But it's got some real tricks in it..inconel exhaust turbine,twin port entry,radial grooves etc....they (Holset)will come down to the dyno and bring back pressure sensors,different housings to optimise it all if it isn't already...Now that's service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts