Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-wheels21-2008aug21,0,6289041.story

Talking about laws for cars in California, the California Legislature says that electric and hybrid vehicles, while great for the enviroment, are bad for the blind. It has passed a bill to ensure that the vehicles make enough noise to be heard by "visually imparied" people who want to cross the street. The measure would establish a committee to recomend ways the vehicles could make more noise.

My recomendation to Arnold is to kill two birds with one stone. Electric and hybrid vehicles should be required to NOT balance their tires. No more lead weights and the thump, thump, thump of the unbalanced tires will alert the blind folks.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried, LOL.

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
All car have a looped tape of billy glidden making a pass play on an outside speaker!

Would drive the police crazy! lol

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Hmm

You would think they could hear the bark cracking from all the tree hugging.

·
Registered
471 Posts
George, I think the easiest thing to do would be to put spoke wheels on them and attach a closepin holding a playing card. I did (and I'm sure you did) that about 55-60 years ago on my bicycle and it worked fine.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
George, I think the easiest thing to do would be to put spoke wheels on them and attach a closepin holding a playing card. I did (and I'm sure you did) that about 55-60 years ago on my bicycle and it worked fine.
Shit, I remember doing that, LOL. Wooden clothes pins too. Try and find clothes pins today that are not made out of plastic.

Robert, remember when we were kids and we had roller skates that strapped and clamped to our shoes? And you could tighten the clamps with a "skate key" that you had hanging from an old shoelace around your neck? I saw an old skate key on ebay going for $25 not too long ago.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I knew Bubrub and Lil sis were on to something with those whistle tips.
But I thought the were just for decorations. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Just require hybrid owners to keep the windows down a crack. Blind pedestrians will smell the grass and patchouli from a mile away.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Why your mom does that already
Did I hit nerve? I bet your the kind of guy that wants autographs from every celebrity in the world. I bet you have ten gazillion autographs and are proud of them. Let me let you in on something ass clown, Billy is very good at what he does but he is just a man same as me and....well i started to say you but your comment about my mother is very childish and is something a middle school kid would say..

Oh and wrestling is fake too...... :smt081

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Shit, I remember doing that, LOL. Wooden clothes pins too. Try and find clothes pins today that are not made out of plastic.
Makes me wanna cry when I think of the cards I ground up in my bike spokes. We always saved the good ones for last - the Roger Maris's and the Mickey Mantles and the Rocky Colavitos - but they all got ground up just the same.

Shit, I could probably retire on what those baseball and football cards would be worth today. And the Beatles cards, too.......geez, hand me a kleenex, I feel the tears coming.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts