Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the 80s me and some friends would rent our local track for test and tune for our street raced cars (and an occasional bike) during the week. Note the empty pit area to the right of the tower. This is a pic of a video i found recently where a young Steve J. set up his video camera and Hibachi in the unused lane (one car per pass only for safety/ins. reasons). He did some hilarious narrating!! This Vette belongs to my then roomate Bud, and is spotless to this day. I think it ran low 12s that day, but eventually went deep into the 10s with a small block and no nitrous. IIRC he did at some point "squeeze" it into the 9s.
20200626_155555.jpg

·
Moderater
12,883 Posts
Is the Vette still independent suspension ? don’t see the camber you normally do on those.

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the Vette still independent suspension ? don’t see the camber you normally do on those.
Yes, it's got all trick and stout parts from Tom's Differentials, including a hoop on each half shaft (which are massive) that I believe would cert for 8.60s. I'm pretty sure on that but not 100%. I can find out if you want to know.

·
Moderater
12,883 Posts
Yes, it's got all trick and stout parts from Tom's Differentials, including a hoop on each half shaft (which are massive) that I believe would cert for 8.60s. I'm pretty sure on that but not 100%. I can find out if you want to know.
Tom’s stuff is killer.

Reactions: mcgyver racing

·
Aviation Section
24,863 Posts
Neat! Thanks for that! Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts