Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a radically customized 60 Cadillac built/owned by Dale Gould that was a local car to us in the 70s. Despite all the radical work it was for sale for around $2000, and a bit less without the Ferarri wires.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
Wonder if it still exists..oh and didn't take long for your #2 nut hugger did it..lol

·
Registered
14,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Wonder if it still exists..oh and didn't take long for your #2 nut hugger did it..lol
Yeah, that fucking moron's on a mission to prove he's one of the least relevant members on YB. Sad fact is he proved it a long time ago. Fucking loser! Anyway, my recently deceased friend Tony spent YEARS looking for that Caddy, so it probably got junked a long time ago. Around 15 years ago he did find a T-Bird wagon that was also built back then by the same dude. Before he passed he finished it and did get to show it at some pretty big events. RIP Tony, love you man!

·
aka old_shoe
17,385 Posts
This was a radically customized 60 Cadillac built/owned by Dale Gould that was a local car to us in the 70s. Despite all the radical work it was for sale for around $2000, and a bit less without the Ferarri wires.

I like!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I never really like the futuristic style of those cars but always respected the time and craftsmanship it takes to build one. I think it's cool that your friend found the wagon and restored it. Thanks for the pictures Groucho.
Mark

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah, that fucking moron's on a mission to prove he's one of the least relevant members on YB. Sad fact is he proved it a long time ago. Fucking loser! Anyway, my recently deceased friend Tony spent YEARS looking for that Caddy, so it probably got junked a long time ago. Around 15 years ago he did find a T-Bird wagon that was also built back then by the same dude. Before he passed he finished it and did get to show it at some pretty big events. RIP Tony, love you man!

I saw the T-Bird in person, decent graft job on the wagon part of it

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
15,502 Posts

Upper right hand of shop window... There's a lost art.

Hey Grouchy.. There was a guy who drove an orange 57 Chevy (nomad?) panel, who did mobile pin-striping..What was his name?

IIRC... His brother worked at Service Center in Van Nuys.

·
Registered
14,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Upper right hand of shop window... There's a lost art.

Hey Grouchy.. There was a guy who drove an orange 57 Chevy (nomad?) panel, who did mobile pin-striping..What was his name?

IIRC... His brother worked at Service Center in Van Nuys.
Bill Carter (on the window), who passed recently was the best custom painter I'd ever seen. Through the years he painted choppers, drag boats, tow vehicles, lowriders, funny cars, dragsters,,, you name it. His paint must've been in hundreds of magazines. He also raced a dragster for a bit. As far as the Nomad, that was Walt Prey, another amazing painter/pin striper. His shop was near Saticoy and Woodman in Van Nuys years before going mobile. Among many others he painted what might be the most famous lowrider car in the world, Gypsy Rose. It was his brother Dave that worked/managed Service Center.

·
Registered
28,154 Posts
Bill Carter (on the window), who passed recently was the best custom painter I'd ever seen. Through the years he painted choppers, drag boats, tow vehicles, lowriders, funny cars, dragsters,,, you name it. His paint must've been in hundreds of magazines. He also raced a dragster for a bit. As far as the Nomad, that was Walt Prey, another amazing painter/pin striper. His shop was near Saticoy and Woodman in Van Nuys years before going mobile. Among many others he painted what might be the most famous lowrider car in the world, Gypsy Rose. It was his brother Dave that worked/managed Service Center.

That paint job is off the chart!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts