Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for Mark Whitener or any other carb guys. Do you do anything different if you know that there will be another set of butterflies under it? I am asking because a neighbor is having consistency issues. In fact it often runs faster when the air is worse. It is a pro form 850 on a 496 with an Et genie underneath. Is it possible that the calibration of the carb is causing this? I feel he would gladly spend some money on it, but I will not recommend it if I am not fairly sure that it will help. He is going to run my off the shelf Holley next weekend and see if there’s any difference.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I need to ask a different question. Is the Pro form carb possibly the problem? Are they known to have a bad fuel curve? Something is definitely creating an issue.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Undercarb stops of any kind can certainly be temperamental. You are closing blades under the carb, so the idle and transition metering no longer work as before. You can help it with a booster that signals and atomizes well, I've seen in an extreme case with a Dominator that it had to have an intermediate circuit because they were closing the blades too far on the throttle stop. As far as the Proform carb, it was build by Quick Fuel. My suggestion would be to try a carb with annular boosters.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Mark. I will do some research into the carb that he had and others that may be available to try

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have an 830 Holley available that I believe to be an annular discharge. Going to try this when the opportunity arrives. I know that these are small for the cubes, but slowing the car about.5 second anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts