Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I need to fab up a rod for the car, but a cable would be much simpler to put in due to the peddle vs carb position.

what is the rule in requiring a throttle ROD vs. a cable?

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I have a cable in my car. I have heard that the rods can bind up and in a worst case scenario hold the car at WOT. Mr. Gilsbach can probably answer this one.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Kev,

I broke the rod on my 66 Chevelle & figured I had nothing to loose by calling http://www.lokar.com/ & seeing if they had something for my application. as it happens, the 1st Gen Camaro setup fit right into my Chevelle. its a VERY nice piece & adjustable to my comfort. I prefer a cable over a rod any day, it makes changing manifolds & such a no brainer when it comes time to hook it back up again.

I know it did not answer your question about "legality", but food for thought.

Bob

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see I thought a ROD was the new way to go, thinking that if your car did stick at WOT you could use the toe hook on the pedal to pull the rod and thus close the carb.

I also thought that a ROD was a "have to have" but after walking around the pits this weekend I saw alot of cables and that is why the question.

I want to run a cable:
1. the duel heavy duty springs should provide enough restiance force.
2. a cable will be so much easier to install on my application.

So if a ROD is not a "have to have" rule then I think I will be contacting Lokar as well for a cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts