Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a drag race application do yall prefer a cable or linkage setup it's for a bracket car footbrake mostly but can use the brake. my 68 camaro has linkage now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am moving to cable. I had linkage and didn't have any problem, but I think the cable is nice looking and safer. If you brake a motor mount a link is going to pull the throttle wide open and hold it there.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd rather have the feel/feedback you get from a linkage. I am going to use a cable for one, because it's easier to get from the pedal to the hat, and second, if I stuff it in the wall or something frags, as was stated previously, there's less chance of hanging it WFO!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was goin to order the return spring bracket, instead of the dumb plate style i got, trying to clean it up so gotta figure which one to buy w or w/o the cable got linkage but have a cable setup just never put it on.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I run a cable, but that's because I have a dragster. The last door car I had I also ran a cable, but that's because it was easier and was only a back half car. A tube car I'd do a linkage, but only because it would be nearly a straight shot to the carb, and there's not any chance of the engine moving around more than just a fraction of an inch.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my camaro is still stock pedal and arm at the firewall theres plenty of room around the linkage and its solid mounts so not worried about interference i'm more on the lines of feel since it's a footbrake car feel is important

1 - 8 of 8 Posts