Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Throttle & Kickdown Cable Options

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rt Jam 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a project truck, 1980 F100 300 I6 w/C6, that my dad bought new and I'm fixing up as a weekend driver/boat tow rig. So far it has a Comp cam, Offy intake, Hedman header, and Holley 390 4160. The trouble I'm having is the throttle & kickdown cables. I had to put a plate under the carb to turn it 90* so it would face front to back and not hit the heater box. The Lokar cables I put on, and which cost a pretty penny, are essentially junk. Both of the cables have the ferrule backing out at the mounting brackets when the throttle is depressed (these are box stock, untrimmed cables) and are the braided stainless. I'm considering the Lokar hi-tech's that are just black, plastic coated but looking for other options.

TL;DR:

Does anyone have a good source besides Lokar for a 36" throttle cable and a kickdown cable for a C6 Ford trans.

For your time:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#4 ·
Lokar is junk. My only complaint is that they are not out of the box solutions for kickdown.

As for the ferrule slipping. Never had that problem. Maybe you are forcing it to do something it doesn't want to do.
Is it too hard of a pull from binding or is the action nice and free?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.