Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a screw type blower bow much does throttle body size affect boost/performance.

I have to step it down in size to meet the rules will it lower the boost will i have to spin it faster?

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Don't confuse boost with volume. Boost (measured in PSI) is a function of back pressure, ie; air that is NOT going past the intake manifold or into the engine. Volume (measured in CFM) is the amount of air that IS getting in. I assume that your supercharger is "sucking" air through the throttle body, and since velocity is usually not an issue with that format, use the "tits and nipples" formula (bigger is usually better). What size do your rules permit. Accufab offers "race" versions in several sizes, that have the ability to move more air without going up to the next size.

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 105mm but rules say no larger than 80mm

thats why i was asking, since it will have a smaller area to suck through it would creat less boost at the same blower rpm with the 80mm than with the 105

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
a properly shapped 80mm throttle body could flow as much or more as a straight barreled 105.

I have a 105mm but rules say no larger than 80mm

thats why i was asking, since it will have a smaller area to suck through it would creat less boost at the same blower rpm with the 80mm than with the 105

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
Talk with a company like the one George works at. They do make some "Race Special" stuff that has alot more science in it and is designed the applications such as yours.

I would talk to accufab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.