Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a factory owner that hires quite a few people, pays by incentive, but has a big turn over so it's hard to make icentive because they're always training new employees.
Everyone that works for this place complains.
The owner lives in a big shack and lives high off the hog. Good for him, but if he woul pay better, and give his people a few bennies, he wouldn't have to keep hireing new employees.
Thoughts...

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
Hmm how is he living high on the hog if morale is in the toilet ?

·
Registered
558 Posts
After having a business and seeing what happens when your to nice , I don't blame any business owner for being an asshole . People will take you for whatever they can when they can and make you think they love you . To some point you need to be nice and do what's right but then you have to have strong parameters to put everybody in their place . I've always said when you sign on for a certain amount don't bitch about it after you start . Do your job.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
When a factory owner that hires quite a few people, pays by incentive, but has a big turn over so it's hard to make icentive because they're always training new employees.
The owner lives in a big shack and lives high off the hog. Good for him, but if he woul pay better, and give his people a few bennies, he wouldn't have to keep hireing new employees.
Thoughts...
Funny....but I have one work ethic. If I agree to be paid to do something, I do it. If I don't like the pay, I don't agree to do it to begin with.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
You live in th UP? Is the turn over due to more important things like hunting and fishing days off? What products do you make? If you think you can run a business better whats stopping you from starting one and treating employees good and running this other factoryout of business?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't work there. I just never hear anybody that does say they love their job. Most say they hate it there.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hes da BOSS... you don likey go find another job. Plenty of employees willing to replace you. Its funny how some people seem to think they are so valuable to a company and can't be replaced..... everyone's replaceable

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Offering to pay MORE MONEY doesn't get you MORE QUALITY, it gets MORE DEADBEATS applying for a job. Of course, I know this first hand.

Work, prove yourself, then ask for more money AFTER you've shown you've made a big financial change in the work environment. That's the way it works in an owners mind. Nevermind where they live, what they have and how much you *think* they make.

The more you keep those thoughts seperate, the happier you'll be at work and the better your work will be.

-Carm

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I have worked in places like that in the past and have wondered how it can be beneficial to constantly be hiring and training employees instead of just taking care of your employees so they will stay and do a good job. Nonetheless I just did what others here have suggested and moved on to greener pastures.

One good example is a company my mother used to work for. They had a sales rep that worked on salary plus commision. The guy was bringing in crazy bank. He made so much money they restructured the pay system and put a cap on commision limiting him to about 30% of his previous years pay. Guess what happened next? He split. Now how stupid was that? You get a guy who is a workaholic and busts his ass and ends up making a pile of money which he can only do if he is making you a pile of money and that's how you treat him?

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Thoughts...
Would you make them feel better if the owner lived in his car and barely struggled to make ends meet week after week? I don't know about you, but if I'm working for a company, I'd rather work for a place that is secure and established.

The mentality of "us versus them" where the employees worry about how the owner lives is stupid. Should it also work in the reverse where the owner doesn't want the employees driving too nice a car, or owning their own house? No, he doesn't give a shit. That's why he's successful and his employees aren't. He does his job and doesn't worry about anything outside those four walls.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Agreed, get some skills that are worth something, prove your self with it and work your way up the ladder. Over time you too can be making alot of money. No one hires for 30$$ hr out of the gate unless you got a nice degree of some kind and a hell of a school loan to back it up in which case the 30$ hr gets eaten up at least for the first few yrs to pay back that loan.....beauty of the made up American dream (everyone is rich over night and or wants it for nothing)
As far as how the owner is living, I would hope it is quiet nice since it's his name and ass on line for the quality and quantity of work being put out, plus he needs more compensation b.c his ass on the line if shit turns south and there's either a bad work accident or a law suit etc. He doesn't just punch in and out every day get his 8 and hit the gate......unreal

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Would you make them feel better if the owner lived in his car and barely struggled to make ends meet week after week? I don't know about you, but if I'm working for a company, I'd rather work for a place that is secure and established.

The mentality of "us versus them" where the employees worry about how the owner lives is stupid. Should it also work in the reverse where the owner doesn't want the employees driving too nice a car, or owning their own house? No, he doesn't give a shit. That's why he's successful and his employees aren't. He does his job and doesn't worry about anything outside those four walls.
During my working career I had many such instances where the boss was vocal about what I was driving, where I lived, the cost of my hobbies, etc. More than once I was told they were paying me too much money. They worried about my financials much more than I worried about theirs.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts