Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a set of 351w swap headers from mac they look pretty much brandnew and the price is more then half of what they would be new can anyone who has used mac headers tell me how well the fit and ur overalll oponion on them
Thanks

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
They fit good but only thing is they tend to rust like crazy if they are the ones with a silver painted finish. At one time they did not have a complete flange either but they may have changed that since I last looked at them.

I'd go with BBK as they fit well and the finish is much better.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm not sure what i should do the guy wants 225 for them they were mocked up on his car then taken off and that was it

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I would offer $200 and I would eventually pay full asking price for them. There are so many higher priced headers out there I always liked mac.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
They fit good but only thing is they tend to rust like crazy if they are the ones with a silver painted finish. At one time they did not have a complete flange either but they may have changed that since I last looked at them.

I'd go with BBK as they fit well and the finish is much better.
That is my feelings also...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I had the MAC 1 3/4 longtubes on my old 347 setup and they worked just fine. They were not the painted ones though, they may have been stainless. The blue'd over time, but they worked well on my setup.
I've also run BBK 1 3/4 longtubes on my 427 setup and they worked well.

For $200 I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the MAC's.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
they are decent for that price range of header, the welds inside the ports need cleaned up, and they warp once they get hot and are sometimes a PIA the reinstall

1 - 11 of 11 Posts