Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World sportsman 2 heads, comp cam solid flat tappet 560/580 lift 300/302 duration 112 lsa, weiand intake (unsure of exact model) with 1 5/8 headers and dumps. Its a 331 small block Chevy in an 86 cutlass with 3:73s....it'll weigh 3600 with driver. Now is this is my friends Car, he says from a 40 roll and with a 125 shot hell be taking new ZO6s...is it just me or is that BS? Thanks...I'm thinking a low 12 or high 11 lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
wtf...is a 40 roll? i thought drag racing was from a dead stop to all out1/4 mile. the vett would wipe his ass either way...i dont think that car would even run a 13.00 at 3600lbs.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
40 MPH rolling start!!!

He needs to bring that combo, I'll run him with my stocker!! ;)

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all honesty guys, what would this combo run? He thinks he's gonna run 11.50 index....lol. I'm serious too. I think with a stock stall and his 3:73s hell run a high 12 AT BEST.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
World sportsman 2 heads, comp cam solid flat tappet 560/580 lift 300/302 duration 112 lsa, weiand intake (unsure of exact model) with 1 5/8 headers and dumps. Its a 331 small block Chevy in an 86 cutlass with 3:73s....it'll weigh 3600 with driver. Now is this is my friends Car, he says from a 40 roll and with a 125 shot hell be taking new ZO6s...is it just me or is that BS? Thanks...I'm thinking a low 12 or high 11 lol
Maybe with a 200 shot, but not a 125, those vettes roll out, i believe low 11s easy on radials, so from your 40, dont think so.

with the 125 and a drag radial, id say 12:00. the 125 will wake the stahl up a bit.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would say high 12's on the unit at best. Converter is wrong and cam lsa is too wide. Changing those 2 things would make a big difference.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
In all honesty guys, what would this combo run? He thinks he's gonna run 11.50 index....lol. I'm serious too. I think with a stock stall and his 3:73s hell run a high 12 AT BEST.
Dont be surprised if it gets close. years back we built the same combo a couple times for a couple novas. Dont know what they weighed but Im sure it was around 3600(full street trim). One used a 3.73 gear and the other a 4.11. 2800 stall speed(just an off the shelf b&M).

One was a .030 over 350 and the other a .060 over 350. Both right around 10:1 compression, ported "2.02 double hump heads"(clearly not anything new and interesting) performer rpm aluminum intake, edelbrock 750 carb, and 1 5/8 headers.

Real simple combo. With a 150 shot both cars were super close to identical performance. Ran 11.68 at 114 at best. ET coulda been faster yet with that MPH.

Oh and it was a summit hydraulic cam. the 234/244 at .050 flat tappet. mated to a 700r4 trans.

All he really needs is a converter and it might work out ok for him. Sure its roughly 20 cubes less, but I figure this is still a 4 inch bore platform with better heads and a better solid cam. It might do pretty well on the bottle. I wouldnt be totally shocked to see some 11.8X's out of it. Granted...thats not the number he wants, but it aint bad for the combo either.

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont be surprised if it gets close. years back we built the same combo a couple times for a couple novas. Dont know what they weighed but Im sure it was around 3600(full street trim). One used a 3.73 gear and the other a 4.11. 2800 stall speed(just an off the shelf b&M).

One was a .030 over 350 and the other a .060 over 350. Both right around 10:1 compression, ported "2.02 double hump heads"(clearly not anything new and interesting) performer rpm aluminum intake, edelbrock 750 carb, and 1 5/8 headers.

Real simple combo. With a 150 shot both cars were super close to identical performance. Ran 11.68 at 114 at best. ET coulda been faster yet with that MPH.

Oh and it was a summit hydraulic cam. the 234/244 at .050 flat tappet. mated to a 700r4 trans.

All he really needs is a converter and it might work out ok for him. Sure its roughly 20 cubes less, but I figure this is still a 4 inch bore platform with better heads and a better solid cam. It might do pretty well on the bottle. I wouldnt be totally shocked to see some 11.8X's out of it. Granted...thats not the number he wants, but it aint bad for the combo either.
Your ported double hump heads were probably better than these heads, no? Stock these things flow 230 cfm on the intake and 150 on the exhaust..Nothing crazy I would think. I've seen portedd double hump heads go low 12s on motor. Just saying, not argueing ;)

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
I didnt know the numbers were that low on those heads.....but here is what I can tell ya.

Our heads were nothing too special. Bowl blending, port matching, and a good VJ. Never benched so who knows the numbers, but definitely no ludicrous work.

I had a buddy who had similar work done to an old 2.02 head and his car always ran well, and he bolted on a set of those same world product heads(this is the 200cc head no?). Out of the box, it was faster.

Even though the numbers you quoted dont look good on paper....I still figure a more modern aftermarket 200cc offering has to have a little more in it than the real old small chevy heads unless were talking big work done to them

·
SBF TTFMF
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didnt know the numbers were that low on those heads.....but here is what I can tell ya.

Our heads were nothing too special. Bowl blending, port matching, and a good VJ. Never benched so who knows the numbers, but definitely no ludicrous work.

I had a buddy who had similar work done to an old 2.02 head and his car always ran well, and he bolted on a set of those same world product heads(this is the 200cc head no?). Out of the box, it was faster.

Even though the numbers you quoted dont look good on paper....I still figure a more modern aftermarket 200cc offering has to have a little more in it than the real old small chevy heads unless were talking big work done to them
200cc heads, yes. An alright, just what I was looking for; some real world experience. Thanks :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts