·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry chris. It's a conventional headed 540. Bb2x heads, 13.5 to 1. Nitrous engine. What do you mean chris?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that and I will at the end of the season. It's just the fact that cam was 250$ right now.

·
Registered
15,356 Posts
I don't want to speak for Chris but in my opinion that would just be money wasted compared to opting for a new custom cam designed for the combo. Lots of changes have been made in cam design for nitrous motors in the past few years and having one that matches your combo is money well spent. Also while the cam you list would surely be an improvement, would the rest of your valve train be up to the task of an 867 814 valve lift cam? No point in saving money on the cam to find out that the rest of the valvetrain is not up to the task.

I would go ahead and wait till you have enough money to ensure all the parts are the best ones and that they are happy playing together.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I don't want to speak for Chris but in my opinion that would just be money wasted compared to opting for a new custom cam designed for the combo. Lots of changes have been made in cam design for nitrous motors in the past few years and having one that matches your combo is money well spent. Also while the cam you list would surely be an improvement, would the rest of your valve train be up to the task of an 867 814 valve lift cam? No point in saving money on the cam to find out that the rest of the valvetrain is not up to the task.

I would go ahead and wait till you have enough money to ensure all the parts are the best ones and that they are happy playing together.
X10! got a custom ground NOS cam and it was $375 to my door and it is leaps and bounds better for my combo. as said before,it is one of the most critical parts in your motor.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rest of the valve train would be up to par. It has jesel rockers, good pushrods and valves, and we're buying a new set of psi or equivalent valve spring at this moment anyways because we broke 3 valve spring on our comps within 50 passes. I'm just looking for a temporary cam to get us through the season because on a 38 jet ours doesn't run like it should with the cam that's in it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really thank you guys, it's just the fact that I have 270 $ left in my budget for this freshen and the car needs to run a tenth quicker than what it does now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys will be happy that I'm just gonna wait to have a cam ground for me. But out of curiosity what do you think my car should run on a 38 pill. Cutlass, trz suspension, 3420#, 540 with bb2x's. 13.5to1. 4.10 gear. 275s. Ptc billet bolt together nitrous convertor. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
You guys will be happy that I'm just gonna wait to have a cam ground for me. But out of curiosity what do you think my car should run on a 38 pill. Cutlass, trz suspension, 3420#, 540 with bb2x's. 13.5to1. 4.10 gear. 275s. Ptc billet bolt together nitrous convertor. Thank you guys.
5.0-5.20

1 - 16 of 16 Posts