Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I like IceCream
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...........working on a buddy's streeter today. Pac Beehive, ~.600 lift HR 6800rpm max, it saw 7000 one time coming out of the water. That was a while ago. 15,000 miles on it. What are your thoughts........the black spot on the coil has me wondering. Thanks in advance.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
I like IceCream
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is what I was thinking.............Im out to watch the Super Bowl, but Ill get them off and check them tomorrow. Everything looks good, doesn't look like it was kicking the shit out of itself.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
yeah, the valve tips look really good too,, just think maybe it had a defect in it and finally gave up the GOODS......

·
Registered
805 Posts
Jake it looks like to me that it had a defect in the spring too and then had a cyclic fatigue failure. Were the springs installed 0.050"-0.080" of coil bind after max lift? Reason being is if they weren't being compressed far enough to keep the spring stabile they could have been flexing alot and work hardened themselves from excess heat.

·
I like IceCream
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jake it looks like to me that it had a defect in the spring too and then had a cyclic fatigue failure. Were the springs installed 0.050"-0.080" of coil bind after max lift? Reason being is if they weren't being compressed far enough to keep the spring stabile they could have been flexing alot and work hardened themselves from excess heat.
Great point Shane............this stuff came designed as one of those "predesigned/high tech pieces. "DO NOT MESS WITH" So honestly I really don't have any answers, I was brought the pieces and told not to ask questions??? I will measure up and get back to you. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
............this stuff came designed as one of those "predesigned/high tech pieces. "DO NOT MESS WITH" So honestly I really don't have any answers, I was brought the pieces and told not to ask questions??? I will measure up and get back to you. :D
So who exactly is this don't ask/don't tell individual?:p Did you get the measurements? What did PAC have to say?

Jim

·
I like IceCream
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So who exactly is this don't ask/don't tell individual?:p Did you get the measurements? What did PAC have to say?

Jim
Holy creap............back from the dead...........

I tried a couple times to ask questions...........I got bullshit answers!!! Apparently I am not part of the "in crowd" and am not allowed to have that information. ;)

The spring was a 1220.............and pac said that the spring had eclipsed its duty cycle..........;)

·
I like IceCream
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I reread my response yesterday and wanted to add..........PAC was great to work with on this deal. The "bullshit" answers comment was from somewhere else.

Chris, I sent the spring to PAC for them to check it out..........and he said it had just reached the end of its life. The app is a .600 lift HR, that the guy drives everyday. I think it had a couple trips to Florida from WI on it, and countless 1/4 mile passes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts