Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
44,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sucks to be on either I imagine but picture this if you will.....

Unemployed single mother of two small children, one of which has 100% disable since birth, recieves $720 per month in child support and on food stamps.

Now heres the kicker...

Social security says her income is too HI for her 100% disabled daughter to get full SSI benfits...She onlys gets $400 something as compared to the full $670 something

Oh BTW, this is my X wife and my two daughters and I help all I can with extra monies the govt don't know about because if they did, rest assured they cut what little she is getting already, fkn crooks.

Anybody know if this is the standard fkn you get for being unempoyed and a single mother of two or is she entitled to more?

Thx>Cp

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
My thoughts on social security and welfare??? They need to be eliminated. People have too much of a sense of entitlement these days.

Proof:

fkn crooks.
You are mad that the government is not taking more money from someone else to give MORE to you (ex)? Already drawing SS and food stamps.

And you call them crooks after admiting that you are playing the system and not reporting all income.

I am sorry to hear that your daughter will likely have a lifetime of disability. I have friends in the exact same situation, and I have been in a similar senerio. We cut all in needed expenses and made the money we had be enough.

·
Former RJ instigator
44,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
And you call them crooks after admiting that you are playing the system and not reporting all income.

I am sorry to hear that your daughter will likely have a lifetime of disability. I have friends in the exact same situation, and I have been in a similar senerio. We cut all in needed expenses and made the money we had be enough.
Not reporting income, what are you kidding me? Look here, I hardly call giving my X some gas money or buying my children some goodies every now & then or taking them out to Chuckie cheese as "not reporting income"
... And for the record, nobody is "playing" the system over at my X's house, she deserves every red cent she's getting and then some, she's worked and paid taxes for many years, not to mention me, I paid in nearly 11K in federal income taxes last year, so WTF is wrong with MY tax dollars being paid back to my family so they can have enough money to buy food, pay the house note, utiltity bill, etc....

Besides my main beef was the fact that my 17 year old daughter who is 100 % disabled is not getting her full SSI benefits since our divorce "because" my X takes in too much income. That's just bullshit...
I don't see $720 a month as TOO MUCH income I'm sorry.
You try raising two children on $720 a month & a few food stamps, goodluck there buddy row, but whatever.....
It's obviously over your head, so I don't know why I even bothered to reply, your a fkn idiot and bad Karma's a bitch......

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
GET OFF THE SYSTEM,THIER SHOULD BE NO SYSTEM PERIOD.LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT YOU GET DEIVORSED SO YOU CAN GET MORE MONEY ISN'T THAT HOW THIS REALLY WENT DOWN.SO INSTED OF WORKING 2 JOBES YOU GO AND GET ON THE GOV SYSTEM.BUY THE WAY YOUR 11 GRAND IS PENUTS TO WHAT YOU GET OF THE GOV,YOU ALLREADY KNOW THIS DON'T YOU,AND BUY THE WAY YOU OWN A RACE CAR COME ON BUDDY YOUR A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
When my son had Lukemia and was in the hospital for almost a year my wife and I were dead broke and had sold everything that we had spent our lives working hard for. We went to the state and asked for some help with the doctor bills and they told us we made to much money.
Now im so happy when I pay my taxes.:mad:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Sucks to be on either I imagine but picture this if you will.....

Unemployed single mother of two small children, one of which has 100% disable since birth, recieves $720 per month in child support and on food stamps.

Now heres the kicker...

Social security says her income is too HI for her 100% disabled daughter to get full SSI benfits...She onlys gets $400 something as compared to the full $670 something

Oh BTW, this is my X wife and my two daughters and I help all I can with extra monies the govt don't know about because if they did, rest assured they cut what little she is getting already, fkn crooks.

Anybody know if this is the standard fkn you get for being unempoyed and a single mother of two or is she entitled to more?

Thx>Cp
I'd have a SS Lawyer look into what the child may be entitled to. You mention how hard your X wife has it and how she is struggling. Are you paying child support and are you helping her care for your disabled daughter or is she on her own? If you paid 11 grand in taxes you don't seem to be making minimal wages. I don't know you and you don't mention your role in any of this so I ask if you're pulling your share of the load. Nobody is helping me with my families health issues and I get frustrated with some people who think they are entitled to all sorts of help, when in fact they are doing nothing to help themselves. Not saying that is you, just asking since you didn't say. But to reply to your origional question, I'd see a Lawyer and see what they say. Good Luck.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Sucks to be on either I imagine...
I don't have any "thoughts on Social Security and welfare" but here are my thoughts on you.

Is everyone from "the volunteer state" as dumb as you? What to you mean, "it sucks to be on Social Security"? Everybody is "on it" you moron, even you. Are they deducting for Social Security from your paycheck? If they are, you are "on it", you are paying into the system. And at some point in your life you are going to get some of it back.

My advice to you is to sell your race car, use that money for your family issues, and stay off the keyboard because you appear to be as dumb as paint.

One more thing to consider. See if you can find some time to get your GED and finally finish high school.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Taking standard deductions, $11,000 Fed. Income Tax is roughly $72,000/yr.

So, let me get this straight, your wife makes too much for the full SSI benefit of $670, and gets a reduced benefit of $400. Meanwhile, you're grossing $72,000/yr

Your ex-wife, raising your two daughters is having trouble making ends meet because she is getting $720/mth and food stamps on unemployment and with SSI benefits. Meanwhile you're gross averaging $6000/mth.

So, your daughter is entitled to collect from a system that she never paid into, that is also meant to help our seniors financially, most of who participated in paying into the system, in their last years of life.

Here is a simple solution - Assume custody of the children - how can you, grossing $6000/mth, rest knowing your children are living in sub-poverty conditions? - Use the expenses incurred for their care to offset your tax liability... AND GET OFF THE GOVERNMENT TIT.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thoughts on SSI/Welfare??? Don't be a bum… Make your way thru life like the rest of us! If you need more $$$ make it… Too many people are wanting a handout from my Uncle Sam. As stated above, "sense of entitlement these days" is starting to be the norm!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thoughts:

1) Eliminate the need for SS and Welfare. This is a major burden on the Gov't and it would make people plan better.

2) Your ex makes $1120/month according to your statement. $720 in child support and $400 from SSI.

3) Wouldn't it be better if she got at least a part-time job to help take care of the children?

4) When you say 100% disabled what exactly does that entail? We cannot give a good opinion if we do not know exactly what is going on.

5) Sounds to me like you would love it if the gov't paid for everything wrong in your life.

6) You can't complain about money when you go out and spend thousands every year on a "hobby"

·
Registered
650 Posts
So if she gets $720/mo from you in child support and you make roughly $72k/year, why are your kids only entitled to 10% of your income? Why is the govt being blamed for your lack of responsibility? Sounds like you should invest more in the well being of your family or your ex-wife needs to take you back to court for more child support in order to provide your YOUR daughter!

My wife and I have been in your shoes. We got all the help we could from the state and still had medical bills that weren't paid. Its frustrating, I know. But you gotta do everything you can with what you have. Dont rely on anybody but yourself!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
all of from TN dont need hand outs at 6000 a month. If he lives in Bartlet thats where his money is going. Sory for the daughter..Man up and pay up. I paid 13000. in last year and it sucks and i am sure i will never see half of what i pay in...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.