Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When welding overhead or while on your side, what do you wear to keep slag out of your ears ? A pair of ear muffs ( noise reducing tyoe ) or ??

Yes I got a piece of hot slag in my right ear while using a cutting torch and now cant hear out of it ( 3rd day ). I had this happen about 8 - 10 yrs ago using a MIG welder but not to this extent.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
The pipeliners use ear plugs,,,TLW

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Ear plugs , cant stand hearing the sizzle . The ones that really suck is not the azz crack , but the ones that roll across the bozack !

·
Registered
242 Posts
earplugs here too....but sometimes it seems the little bastards have a mind of their own and still seem to somehow find a way to get anyplace to getya!

·
Environmental Hazard
1,917 Posts
I were a hoody (a sweater with a loose hood ) most of the time . It keeps grinder smag and what not from your neck area and also deflects sparks . Keeps you head out of the bomb zone . If you are dropping molten ball bearings all over the place , you are to hot.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Tig weld anything you can!!! I used to hate doing sub frame connectors.. No matter how much prep work you did it still sucked on high milage cars.. Disposable ear plugs are the easiest things to use..

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
welding cap with bill over ear and or plugs. I have burned a hole in my drum before you can smell ,hear and taste flesh burning all at the same . And hurt for days to come

·
Registered
563 Posts
I flash burned my left eye yesterday. Damn I hate it when that happens. Earplugs work wonders. It's better when it goes down the crack of your ass though.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not bad ... 16 responses and only one Ass ... Ear Plugs it is, I just got a bunch. Thanks for all the input !!!!!

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,995 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts