Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
We've decided to pack up and get trucking tomorrow around noon. Headed towards Tenn. I shall update as I can. Not too worried about the house, it only had 4" from Katrina. Car is staying in the garage

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have some family in new orleans, they left about an hour ago to come here to memphis. yall get the hell out of there, dont take any chances!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Madman, we have plenty of beer and plenty of work to do on the black bitch. Bring your a$$ over here and get out of the frying pan!!!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Its all good. The generators are full and the beer cooler is also. We will work till it blows the building down...... then we'll have another beer!!!!
Fixed it for you Brian :drinkers:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
In the words of Sam Kinison "Get your kids, get your shit and we'll make one trip!"

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
Talked to someone at the track.His brother is in Lafeyette(sp)
and its bumper to bumper on I10.He said they are looking at 18-20 hours to san Antonio.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
I have my car loaded on the trailer but i think im going to ride this one out.have fuel for the generator and food and water.i live where its above sea level and im about 40 miles north of New Orleans.i know my shop will be under water but oh well..thats life..i got everything out and picked up what is important.good luck everyone.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
We're stayin too. I live right outside New Orleans in Metairie. The car is up on jackstands,the doors and windows are boarded up, and we.'re gonna ride it out. I'll check YB and keep ya'll posted on what's up until the power goes out. Anybody else local be safe and good luck.....this is a big SOB!

·
Registered
544 Posts
good luck guys and be safe who ever deside to ride it out,heard its going to be close to a catagory 5............

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Dont get me wrong...
But I went to NO last time to help and were treated like shit, this time I will ask the people of ND and MN to say no. I dont want my federal tax dollars going to NO again. Sorry but move to something above sea level.
I dont want to piss my tax dollars away again..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Dont get me wrong...
But I went to NO last time to help and were treated like shit, this time I will ask the people of ND and MN to say no. I dont want my federal tax dollars going to NO again. Sorry but move to something above sea level.
I dont want to piss my tax dollars away again..
They are my tax dollars also. I guess next time a tornado wipes out a town somewhere in the midwest , you'll want to keep your tax dollars also. I'm sorry you had a shitty experience last time when you came to help. I live here and I had a shitty experience trying to help people. You can't group everyone together. Ask everyone to keep their fuckin money...I could give a good fuck. I didn't get any of it last time anyway. I'd like to see how you would handle all of the shit that goes along with a disaster of that magnitude. It ain't no fuckin cake walk. It's not so easy to just pick up and leave either when you have all of your family and friends here. It's all most of us know. You may feel like it's just throwing good mqney after bad........but I don't agree with everything that's done with my tax money either. At least when it goes to aid someone in America, the money stays in America. Just my fuckin .02!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I live about 150 miles from the coast. I am in the path of it now. I am going to hold on until I am sure it will hit our way. The tanks are full and the clothes are packed. As for the people in NO. I felt sorry the first time with what happen. Anyone staying behind this time needs not to be helped. I don't care to piss people off with this but it got old seeing it on TV. Now people who live there know it is bad and the levies aren't up to par from the last time. They need to get out of there until it all cleares. We still hear people bitching about losing the trailers that they were lent from the other storm. It shouldn't take two years to get back on your feet. On top of that people are complaining that the trailers made them sick. Well get the fuck out of it than. They weren't made to be called home. I am not rich and really can't afford to make any unscheduled trips if it isn't going to be that bad. My house has made it through 70 mph winds. I guessing that it will be 100mph this time.

One thing I would like to add is the gov't needs to get off their ass this time and replace what was distroyed. We are paying for these other countries after a disaster. There are towns in Mississippi that had never got any help. The gov't just fucked them. They took their money for taxes and showed nothing in return. I get tired of hearing how much money we spend over seas and still see these town distroyed after two years. Maybe this time our President will allow other countries to help us like we did for them. Let someone else help send money this time.

Monty you may get your wish about $20 a gallon.

God bless those who stay.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dont get me wrong...
I don't want to piss my tax dollars away again..
As a resident of the New Orleans area who didn't get a single penny of help i would like to say fuck you from the bottom of my heart. And I am in the construction buisseness and I was Most Definatelly not among the out of town price gouging help that came in to fuck the city(Not all of course but the storm chasers know who the are)For those that did help thank you very very much i had guys camping at my house in the A/C of my garage with temp cable and refrig. set up for 2 months.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts