Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is true love. He was sent off to WWII only months after getting married separated for 40 months, wounded in Iwo Jima. They were married for 71 years, having 15 children, 49 grandchildren and 32 great grandchildren. Ruth Todd kisses her “lovey” goodbye. RIP William Todd.(From Seal of Honor)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You know. That is why I have started posting stuff like this and the one about the Marines and the kid. People need to start feeling compassion for their fellow man again. Instead of always flaming each other. Yes thats fun to, but some times people get carried away with it, and some times things like this will bring us all back to earth.

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
29,154 Posts
And that's how marriage should be - that's awesome!!! If I ever get married, I want it to be for a lifetime. Gosh that's just so sweet!

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
That generation were not pussy's,self centered and quitters ,cant be said for todays people.RIP

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Great stuff,and I have to relate my situation,just because it's similar and I am very proud of my parents.My mother and father are both 94.Dad has full blown prostate cancer and is dying,but is very tough,WWII combat vet.Still gets around well,but has lost a lot of weight,was still driving up until a month ago,no more.Mom is bedridden,can't walk,has hospice care come in 3 times a week.Very bad asthma,hearing and sight are about 20%.
However,they still live together,and have been married 75 years this year.My dad still takes care of my mother as good as he can.There final wish is that they live there remaining years,TOGETHER,in the same frugal home they have lived in for the past 50 some years,and my sisters and I and my son are doing our damndest to make sure this comes true.I just can't imagine one without the other.

·
iron head clevelands
8,248 Posts
a person could only wish to mean that much to a loved one for that may years

·
Registered
586 Posts
Love is extremely powerful and we should all be lucky enough to experience and share it with someone special as this couple did!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
A love for the ages..... We should all be so lucky as they were.

May he Rest in Peace

1 - 20 of 21 Posts