Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CharlieP,

provided first hand experience of firing a warning shot, and not some MSM babble. This is a good read and you won't be able to respond to it because I am locking it down:

This was a long time ago.........I was much younger...heard some noises outside of a apartment that I just moved into. That's right first night ever in an appartment. My new wife of 3 weeks tells me she hears noises outside, it's about 3 AM. I figure I better get used to noises in an appartment. I listen for a bit and sure enough something is going on outside. Three guys are going over my two cars. One's driving the get away car and the other two are smashing my truck windows and taking my wife's wire spoke hub caps off. I grab my Dan Wesson 357 mag......Run outside and come right up on these guys. One guy hits the ground hands spread out screaming like a girl......The other turns around with a long screwdriver and starts walking towards me......right to his left I can see the rear trunk of the get away car. Draw my gun a few inches to the left of the guys body and put a round into the trunk of the car.....figuring I would get all of their attention. Well it works out pretty good. Get away car takes off and leaves his buddies, Mr. Brave guy with the screwdriver is now on the ground and the other kid is still screaming like a girl. My wife calls the police and I'm treated like a hero.............Everybody get arrested and they rat out the guy driving. Guess what when they find the car sure enough hole in the trunk where I shot it....

Now here's the problem and how it relates to the story above. About a week goes by I'm feeling pretty good and the police ask me to come down to the station. I figure I'm getting a Good Guy placard........How about that 357 round I shot went thru the trunk of the car, a old Chevy Impala by the way, out the other side of the trunk, over a small crest of grass then sloped down a hill and hit the side of a house. Went in the outside wall of the house, through a picture, through the kitchen wall and out a window in the kitchen. The people rent the home and nobody was living there at the time. Needless to say I was shaken, I mean it hit me hard that some innocent person coul have been hit. Changed my life. Switched to a S&W .40 and decided that I will only protect my home and what's in it. I will not go outside in the dark and take that risk again.

As far as the legal story goes the cops were great, they told the home owner that since the bullet was not located and a period of over a week had gone by since the incident there would be no charges placed on me. They did take me to court in a civil matter and this was also thrown out by the judge. The original police report stating that no evidence was found was helpful.

So everyone out there that say's they are going to do this and that let me tell you from experience use your head. I got lucky at a young age of 22, I'm now 53 and still carry conceled. Pre think what your going to do in a stressful situation. Hold your ground if your in your house, make some noise or turn on the outside lights but be real smart before going outside at 2 in the morning to protect you Craftsman tool box. Use deadly force if required but take this right to carry as serious as you can.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.