Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Man's the life and times this man lived.......we all had much to learn from him.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Soooo, you Google "gay" (your morning/afternoon/evening routine)................................and THIS pops up!... :smt102

·
Registered
24,008 Posts
Sad that MOST youths today will have NO idea who or whaT ENOLA GAY IS/WAS AND why IT MEANS ANYTHING.

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Sad that MOST youths today will have NO idea who or whaT ENOLA GAY IS/WAS AND why IT MEANS ANYTHING.
Ain't that the truth, I took my kids to the smithoanian and explained the plane and it's significance, along with many others.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
The Hydrogen bomb made it's mission obsolete...............within a years time!... ;)
The Yahoo article didn't give any details about Theodore "Dutch" VanKirk's record in the European and African theatres, where he also flew as Tibbetts' navigator. In a time period when surviving 20 missions over Germany was the price of a "ticket home," VanKirk and Tibbets and the rest of their crew flew 58 missions, including 11 from England, between August 1942 and June 1943 before returning stateside to train new aircrews. They began training for the Hiroshima mission in November 1944 and the Hiroshima mission was on August 6, 1945.

The Enola Gay's mission was to drop the first atomic bomb and the target was Hiroshima. Whatever came after that did nothing to make that mission obsolete. It ended a long, bloody war.

What the first hydrogen bomb (which was over seven years later, not within a year) made obsolete was the atomic bomb, which was a mere firecracker by comparison.

Bombs using the same fission design as the Hiroshima "Little Boy" bomb remained in service until 1952, when they were made obsolete by fusion weapons (hydrogen bombs).

·
Registered
33,009 Posts
Soooo, you Google "gay" (your morning/afternoon/evening routine)................................and THIS pops up!... :smt102
You need to get a case of Punk-Ass Antidote and use it all.

あなたはこれを読んで、あなたは馬鹿と菊の玉座を礼拝することができた。あなたは尊敬が何であるかわからない場合は、あなたにそれを説明するために誰かを見つける。

(Anata wa kore o yonde, anata wa baka to kiku no gyokuza o reihai suru koto ga dekita. Anata wa sonkei ga nandearu ka wakarana i baai wa, anata ni sore o setsumei suru tame ni dareka o mitsukeru.)

·
Registered
33,009 Posts
All the women of the Greatest Generation I ever met were just as proud of the outcome of the war as the men.

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Thanks to this man and what he had done-may he RIP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts