Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AG Jeff is my Hero
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that I had to go to the hospital to have my eardrums looked at. when I finally got in to see the doc she told me that I just have a case of the SIVS. when I asked her if it was serious or life-threatening she said no it means you just have a case of the sand in vagina and prescribed me a douche and a set of knitting needles a ball of yarn. she also told me that I would need to stay home and not visit the race track anymore

I mean our cars really this loud at racetracks I mean it was unbearable I think I'm going to put in a petition to have the track closed for being a nuisance. I mean seriously I don't understand how people can stand it. are race cars this loud everywhere?

·
Registered
24,008 Posts
Did the doctor not suggest you stay home and play with Barbie and Ken?

·
Registered
16,509 Posts
I remember racing comp in Michigan - Milan? - a long time ago and there was a guy there running a rotary engine that hit about a pazillion RPM and the sound was hurtful as anything I've ever heard. That was 30years ago and I still remember it. I have no idea how he could drive the car it was so bad. I remember it had like japanese writing on the car, 'Banzi' or something. It was terrible.

·
AG Jeff is my Hero
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember racing comp in Michigan - Milan? - a long time ago and there was a guy there running a rotary engine that hit about a pazillion RPM and the sound was hurtful as anything I've ever heard. That was 30years ago and I still remember it. I have no idea how he could drive the car it was so bad. I remember it had like japanese writing on the car, 'Banzi' or something. It was terrible.
was it a open header car, because you know you have to have mufflers on your car if you're not running at least 2`s in the quarter

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
2nd spinoff

·
Registered
16,509 Posts
was it a open header car, because you know you have to have mufflers on your car if you're not running at least 2`s in the quarter

This was waaay before mufflers, late 80's I think. It might've been a mazda. I did look at it, the headers were big. the guy talked quite a bit about how he had to port the cases - like the exhaust ports were slots or something. I don't think that engine had valves & had sections that bolted together like a lenco. I think he had 3 sections. The noise was unbelievable, I think NHRA finally banned that engine because of the noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts