Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put a bmr k member in my 89 camaro, and everything hits. the oil pan hits the center link on the steering, the headers hit a support brace on the k member. i was wondering if anyone else has these problems. brm said the pan hit because it is an aftermarket pan. no idea on the headers. they are hedman hustlers 1 7/8. i was hoping to avoid these problems by putting the third member in the car. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,065 Posts
Got mine from AJE. Didn't know of this site two years ago when I rebuilt my car. Satisfied with it. Others may be nicer, haven't dealt with any others though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i already have the bmr one. anyone know anyone there? the service was kinda crappy the last time i called. just to tell me oh it doesnt fit because im not using stock components is bs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mark, i'll be callin ya!!!! i'll be runnin a RACECRAFT INC k member. i'll take alot of install pics for ya. maybe others wont have the same prob im havin.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have the BMR peice and my pan just barleys hits 2 small welds on each of the pan right on the front. I have the hooker 2210's on my car for right now snd they fit just fine. What support brace is it hitting? My car is set up with coil overs and a manual rack. My Cardomain page has some pics check that out and see if you can see anything that might help you out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have the stock steering with a manual box, and hedman hustler headers. the hearer is hitting the support brace on the top of the control arm. i still have the stock spring and strut set up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actuall have that prob fixed. we notched the pan. welded in a half piece of tube to make clearance for the center link. hated to cut up a brand new pan but it should work. i was more concerned about cutting the k member to make room for the headers. the driver side is fine, the pass side hits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts