Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to get an engine diaper prior to Donald's race and have very little clearance between the rack and oil pan on the car. I need to purchase the thinnest, tightest fitting blanket that I can find, any suggestions?

BBC, rear sump pan w/external pump.

Thanks,
Martin

·
Registered
924 Posts
call denise at dre.he made my diaper and it was made to my oil pan supper tight and was fairly cheap.i think its 217 763 6352. if not ill look on mone and get the #

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
my k member is where i have clearance issue, I always put it in before I drop the motor in. RCI , fits ok but not perfect .

·
Registered
5,646 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I have a custom DRE, made to fit the sump pan unlike the universal flat bottom diapers. Fits like a glove. Wasn't cheap, but worth it for a perfect fit IMO. Also has double heat wrap on the sides so tight fitting headers can lay on the material and not melt/burn the diaper.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
bought a dj from ob1....all kevlar..dont cheap out,the cheap ones will burn,i seen it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My DRE lasted one weekend and was burned/scorched to death. I'd go kevlar if theres anything (header tube/turbo etc) close.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I assume you did not get the heat wrap option?
I was never offered that option? I bought it back when NHRA first mandated oil retention devices on all Sportsman cars. Dennis and I believe his wife were nice people, but the nylon didn't appreciate temperature. Yours seems to fit your pan well, and the hear wrap must help-obviously.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So do we need a diaper for Donalds race next week?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts