Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thieves steal Milwaukie man's $100k 1954 Corvette

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Thieves-Steal-Milwaukie-Mans-1954-Corvette-Roadster--93180774.html

by Katherine Cook
kgw.com
Posted on May 8, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Updated today at 9:26 AM

MILWAUKIE -- Clackamas County Sheriff's officials said someone stole a rare and valuable 1954 Corvette roadster from a Milwaukie man's garage.
The car's owner, Emory Molchan, said he discovered the roadster missing on Tuesday.

"It's like losing a kid," said Molchan. "We don't have children so . . . it's my passion."

According to Molchan, there are only seven 1954 Corvette roadsters registered in Oregon, and he owns three of them.
Two of his Corvettes, including the stolen one, looked identical with white bodies, red leather interiors and white wall tires. Molchan said it took him about four years to restore the stolen car, which was worth about $100,000 dollars.
He said it had less than 500 miles on the odometer and was strictly a show car.

"You're devastated," said Molchan. You don't know what happened to it, what someone's going to do with it, if you're going to get it back."

Clackamas County Sheriff's investigators were looking for the car, while Molchan wondered if he possibly knew the thief.

Investigators said whoever stole the Corvette, also tore off its "OLD VET" license plates before getting away. Molchan hoped the rest of the roadster was still in one piece and that anyone who recognized it would call police.

"I'd love it," he said, fighting back tears. "It's tough... it's really tough."

Anyone with information on the stolen 1954 Corvette roadster was asked to call the Clackamas County Sheriffs Office.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
There were 3640 vettes produced in 54. There were 3230 Polo White ones. 300 Pennant blue ones,100 Sportsman red ones and just 4 black ones. Base price was $2774.00 The highest cost option was a P/G trans at $178.45. A heater was an option that cost $91.40. Its a shame the car was stolen. Not a 100k car in this market unless it was black. They all came with red interior except the blue ones.They had beige interior. No leather. It was vinyl. All total there was only 8 options you could get. Pretty simple cars with a 235 c.i. 6-cyl. at 150 hp or 155 hp. Hope he gets his car back.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Man i feel bad for the guy...I live in Milwaukee

·
Registered
9,562 Posts
These thieves need to be found and a good ass whoopin laid on them.This shit is getting out of hand.in the old west they used to hang MFers for stealing their horse.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
What are the odd's if it is insured for $100,000.00 or not?
it wouldn't matter if it was insured for $500,000. Once you lose a car you put YOUR time, money and effort into....it's irreplaceable. No amount of money would make you feel better if your heart is really in that car.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
Damn that Blows! We all know how these Rides become a part of us.They mean everything.....Hope he gets it back :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts