Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Aviation Section
25,376 Posts
R.I.P. sir! I wonder if the last 2 ever got a chance to open that bottle up and make a toast?

Dave

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
The greatest generation is all but gone now. I'd suspect many from that era wondered how we could become what we have, after they gave so much to stop it then.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
R.I.P. sir! I wonder if the last 2 ever got a chance to open that bottle up and make a toast?

Dave
last i read they did not...but tht may have changed

just found this

"Cole was not the youngest of the Doolittle Raiders, but the 101-year-old is now the lone survivor after the passing of Staff Sergeant David Thatcher last June. At a ceremony to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle Raid at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, not far from where he watched Doolittle circles the skies as a boy, Cole lifted a goblet of cognac aloft and toasted his 79 comrades that were lost on the mission or had passed away since. With that, he turned over Thatcher’s goblet, leaving one silver cup still standing upright."

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
R.I.P.

·
Survived Drag Week 2018
6,399 Posts
R.I.P. I hope these newer generations pull their heads out of their asses!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
awesome Men who answered the call, not because they wanted to, but because it was the right thing to do....
It may have on been 30 seconds over Tokyo but it was a very important 30 seconds.
Thank you for your service and your sacrifice, the world is a better place.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
113,068 Posts
RIP brave man

1 - 20 of 55 Posts