Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go in to cash a paycheck from a second employer I have which is drawn on citizens bank.
The lady hands me back my money,after i had to put a fingerprint on the check itself, and i walk out.
Sitting in my truck I double check it as I saw a few singles whcih threw me for a loop as i said big bills and it was a round figure to the 100.
It was 7 bucks short, I went back in and asked her what the deal was and she told me there is a 7 dollar check cashing fee for people who dont hold accounts but she could refund me and if i opened and account I would not be charged.
I told her keep the 7 dollars and there is no way in hell i would open an account there.
This is bullshit,someone rights me a check and it cost me to cash it on the bank its drawn on???
FUCK YOU Citizens Bank!!!!

The man i work for said he would get the 7 dollars refunded and that there will be no further charges like this again.
He said if they will not do it he is taking his business elsewhere and this is a multi million dollar business.
We will see what they do.

Just to clarify,its not about losing 7 bucks

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Sounds to me like the $7 got your panties in a wad!LOL! Don't feel alone cause that shit pisses me off as well. Now I just take the check to my bank and deposit it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
We been at Suntrust for 14 years, never had to use overdraft and have 3 accounst with them. Starting next month they want to charge us for each account and like 10 bucks a month for using the debit cards that are issued for each account!!!
Just like everything else in the USA punish the honest hard working guy, let the slacker and conns walk free...

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
. . . first off they screwed up by not telling you there was a fee and not giving you the option of not cashing it there. Most all major banks charge a fee to do it and the account holder will be charged for you to get your $7, the fee isn't going away. Why didn't you just cash it at your own bank and you wouldn't have had to worry about it. If a business makes a deal with the bank, as a coutesy to their employees and customers, to not charge non-account holders the fee, the business will now agree to absorb that cost.

·
Pics of wife?
4,204 Posts
the majority of folks here sympathize with banks and their corporate greed......hence all the posts about how the Occupy Wall St protestors are ridiculous.

not everyone (myself included), just the majority.

·
Registered
577 Posts
They do suck. charge you to cash a check drawn on their bank. Thats why I just deposit them now. Been with TD quiet a few years now, no fees for anything, yet.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
M&T bank wanted $15.00 to cash mine.

RIGHT!

As I started to leave the teller asked if I wanted to open an account...had to bite my tongue,,,TLW

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
been happening for a while to me. Usually about 5-10 bucks. I just deposit now into my account

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have just deposited it but was cash short and needed to cash it. My account is a bit dry after catching up on the months bills.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
there is NO safe place for money anymore!
I took a $50,000 draw from my 401, ( I'm over 62ys old)
they charged me $2300.00 !!!!!!!
when I asked why, they gave me lame assed excuses,
I asked what can I do to avoid these fee's? they said nothing!
it's part of doing business!
SO, I took it all out,! every fuckin penny, they were trying like mad to make me change my mind, I told them "fuck you" gimme my money ! thieves are what they are.
did I hurt them? hell no, my money was a drop in the bucket to them, but at least they will never to that to me again,
I'm aware of the tax issues, but everyone gets into your pocket,

·
43,372 Posts
Its amazing at how many people dont bitch, and just go along with this bullshit...I shouldnt have to deposit it at my bank, it should be against the law for them to charge me to cash that check...But, do like I do now, if my customer is paying with a check then I add it on top and tell them why i'm adding...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
BofA did that BS to me , if I cashed my expense checks, and the damn things were written from Bof A ! I cashed 4 or 5, opened an account, They tried to clip me every month for something, and I closed it, and just opened a 2nd at my reg bank. They sent me bills for 1 to 300 in overdraft and late charges 6 and 8 months later. I walked in sat down with branch asst mgr, and showed them when my acct was closed. They decided to eat those, and apologize. By the way the asst mgr acted, you'd have thought I had a huge acct, but no, just a little one.

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
I seen on the front of yahoo where back of america i think it was' they are dropping that fee

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
The practice will not change ever because the gov't is backing it. It is easier for them to follow the money when it is deposited directly into an account. The gov't and banks both win.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
got a large check from another bank. my bank wouldnt cash it withought a hold so i took it to the bank that had the check the cashed it no problem

some dude hits my parked car.. he says he dosent have any money right now so he writes a check and dates it a mounth later.. after a mounth i go to his bank (make sure he has money so i dont get charged )and try to cash the check.. they want 10 dollers or to open an account..

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Went to an ATM machine the other day. It asked if I wanted to check my balance first, so I pressed yes.
Made a withdraw & accepted the $250. fee.
Turns out they charged me another $2.50 to check my balance (without my approval)

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
Why should a bank do a service for free for a non customer.........do you guys work for free...........also you must be living under a rock banks have been doing this for at least a decade.I deposit checks and have never paid a check cashing fee in my life.People can choose to do things the hard way or the easy way.......

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
Why should a bank do a service for free for a non customer.........do you guys work for free...........also you must be living under a rock banks have been doing this for at least a decade.I deposit checks and have never paid a check cashing fee in my life.People can choose to do things the hard way or the easy way.......
x2

1 - 20 of 35 Posts