Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude..... it's 90 here today in Michigan and I don't even feel the need for air.... that's how hot it was!!

Pretty much, the race sucked. I'm really not impressed with these Friday Saturday events. A lot of sitting around doing nothing ALL DAY. Then it's thrash thrash thrash from 6pm to midnight. I hope they reconsider in the future.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
PRO like NSCA is doing it to 1) Save $$ and give themselves an extra rain day 2) Try to capitolize on Friday Night Crowds......the Markets are changing and we are not changing fast enough to keep up......I hope now that BOTH Series will work closer next year as to not go up against each other.....now I gotta go find my Crack Pipe :roll:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Jimmy Biggs said:
PRO like NSCA is doing it to 1) Save $$ and give themselves an extra rain day 2) Try to capitolize on Friday Night Crowds......the Markets are changing and we are not changing fast enough to keep up......I hope now that BOTH Series will work closer next year as to not go up against each other.....:roll:
They do that at Cordova for a couple of reasons:
1)There is NEVER a crowd there on Sunday, no matter who's race it is. I've been to an IHRA National Event where there were no more than a few hundred folks in the stands on Sunday. Daytime in that market just doesn't sell.

2)It's always gory hot weather wise. W/O the sun beating down the cars run faster and please the crowd better.

3)The management believes Sunday is a day of rest, yup, it's true, believe it or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts