Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is like a 45 part series, but so cool to listen to tom an them talk about building the car,running it an why their nitro engines lived an also testing parts..to think they where some college kids an yet became one of the baddest top fuel teams in the 60s.

bill pitts did a good job on this. He has some cool restoring fuel cars an cackle vids also on his channel.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad for sure their gone now. i wish many more would do series like this so they could pass the history on..that era is just the coolest to me..wish i was in my early 20s in the 60s. Ive always wanted a fuel altered or a 130" rail an just connect to that era even being im only 38.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I watched the series complete at least twice and bits and pieces afterwards. Great stuff!

No one is building a Top Fuel Dragster underneath a hotel anymore. LoL!

It's all about how much you can spend today.
Buy the best parts and find a crew chief that makes the right calls. All the cars have the same chassis/engine/ blower/... anymore. No allure to me.

Would have definitely been cool to race in that era! You had to figure it out yourself!
No disrespect to current drivers/tuners/builders... but when they try to slow cars down, what fun is that?

·
Aviation Section
25,715 Posts
A little history of Bill Pitts and his "Magicar"
Because of his efforts at the beginning we now have the "Cacklefest"!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
46,932 Posts
I love the nostalgic dragsters and funny cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts