Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was originally going with twin 60 turbos but changed plans. Now 64’s. My current headers are stainless works 1 3/4 with 2” collectors. Now with the T4 flange I think I have to go with 1 7/8 and 3” collectors? Or can I still use the ones I have?

·
Registered
16,293 Posts
Why can't you stay with what you have? All your primary needs to do is be the same, or larger than your exhaust port. The collectors can easily have the vbands cut off, expanded, and weld on a 2 1/4 V band, but I would have no concerns about a 2" pipe feeding your 64's. Velocity is your friend!

Reactions: 7secTurboLX

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Those are a really nice header you have as is with the double slip collector, I would definitely use them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why can't you stay with what you have? All your primary needs to do is be the same, or larger than your exhaust port. The collectors can easily have the vbands cut off, expanded, and weld on a 2 1/4 V band, but I would have no concerns about a 2" pipe feeding your 64's. Velocity is your friend!
That’s very reassuring. I didn’t want to buy another set of headers. First turbo project, so still learning a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So with turbo headers primary lengths do not have to be equal?
So I’ve read it doesn’t matter as much with turbos as it is for n/a. The gains are not that significant.
Those are a really nice header you have as is with the double slip collector, I would definitely use them
Thank you. I can’t wait to see it come together.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So with turbo headers primary lengths do not have to be equal?
Nope, many people make kits just taking shorty headers and mounting them facing forward, that's how I did mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts