Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it? There is no shortage of powder, lead, or brass. What gives? It would seem that any ammunition manufacturer looking to make a mint would simply ramp production up to WFO!!!! Hmmmmm........

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
there is a lot of hording going on. i can get every thing i want. but i have to pay out ass for it. last gun show i saw a lot of primers ranging from 40 to 45 a 1,000. powder was going for 30 a pound avg. i think it is a combination on new people buying guns and people hording supplies and vendors holding back to create a even higher demand.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Hoarding is rampant,I know a guy in Alabama with over 50,000 rounds of NATO 5.56.

·
Long Live The King
105,134 Posts
there is a lot of hording going on. i can get every thing i want. but i have to pay out ass for it. last gun show i saw a lot of primers ranging from 40 to 45 a 1,000. powder was going for 30 a pound avg. i think it is a combination on new people buying guns and people hording supplies and vendors holding back to create a even higher demand.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

A guy i know who runs two shooting ranges told me the manufactures have a hard time ramping up production because of the saftey requirments in the plants. Many are already running double shifts and a third shift just isn't practical. The War is eating ammo(but how much can that really be). New buyers and hording of ammo is a big problem. It doesn't really matter because we're done for in 2012 anyway. ;)

G-Code :)

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
I found a box of .45 auto, FMJ at Walmart the other night. I bought it. I felt like Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory, and his compulsion to buy a copy of the Catcher in the Rye, every time he saw one.

·
Registered
619 Posts
So what happens in 2012

I think you hit the nail on the head.

A guy i know who runs two shooting ranges told me the manufactures have a hard time ramping up production because of the saftey requirments in the plants. Many are already running double shifts and a third shift just isn't practical. The War is eating ammo(but how much can that really be). New buyers and hording of ammo is a big problem. It doesn't really matter because we're done for in 2012 anyway. ;)

G-Code :)

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Hoarding is rampant,I know a guy in Alabama with over 50,000 rounds of NATO 5.56.
WTF .....because you can really carry that much ammo when your on the move. This guy better have a concrete bunker he plans on defending. Even still thats fucking retarded.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
So what happens in 2012
The end of the world man!!! The end of the mayan calendar... LOL people are eating that shit up.... If our world end I think it will be our govt's fault, not any act of God....

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
WTF .....because you can really carry that much ammo when your on the move. This guy better have a concrete bunker he plans on defending. Even still thats fucking retarded.
Where do you plan on going when the SHTF? I seriously doubt the dude plans on being on the move. I venture to guess that the bunker mentality will be the best bet at staying alive. The more ammo I have, the better, because ammo will be the new currency.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
For one. I dont have a bunker. Second. I wouldnt plan on staying in my home. Sheet rock and vinyl siding dont really provide much protection. Id grab my wife, my ak, the 700-1000 rounds I have on hand and head in whatever direction has the least threat and put lead into anything that got in the way.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
1000 rounds wont last long if the shit really did hit the fan. It might give you a day or so of freedom, but once your out, your done..

·
Banned
9,374 Posts
For one. I dont have a bunker. Second. I wouldnt plan on staying in my home. Sheet rock and vinyl siding dont really provide much protection. Id grab my wife, my ak, the 700-1000 rounds I have on hand and head in whatever direction has the least threat and put lead into anything that got in the way.
You didn't think this out too far huh. Sheet rock and vinyl siding provides a shit ton more protection than the clothes on your back. What about your ammo, food, water, clothing, and shelter you will need while on foot? Build a couple packs about 40-50 lbs and take a walk with your wife...unless you have been training for shit like that you wont be making it far.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
And somebody will take what you have within the first few hours of your plan, including your wife... Just the reality of it. If the SHTF you'd better have a good spot to stick it out and if you don't, hope you have some good neihbors to team up with to keep your area safe.

·
Registered
401 Posts
And somebody will take what you have within the first few hours of your plan, including your wife... Just the reality of it. If the SHTF you'd better have a good spot to stick it out and if you don't, hope you have some good neihbors to team up with to keep your area safe.

must be why theres a rash of basements being built..LMAO

ya know they cant tax you for anything thats below ground...buld an underground bunker and realy show em...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts