Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the average power bill was running per month across the USA. Here in Kentucky mine has went threw the roof. November was $586, December $847, January $879. February $759. Last year it was in the $300-$400 range.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
Mine has averaged around $400 a month and I'm all electric.Gas service isn't available at my house so it is my only utility bill.I have a 2200 sq ft ranch and the thermostat is set at 69 degrees.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My house is all electric as well. 3,000 sqrure feet ranch style. I start at one end of the house and turn lights off as I go threw. The kids run in and out of rooms and leave the lights on. 11 years old and 4 years old. I've told them to turn the shit off I don't know how many times. I guess its time for a trip threw the house unscrewing light bulbs. lol The heat stays around 74-78 deg. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My water bill is around $100 a month. Thats for water, sewer and garbage.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
electric runs about $110 and gas was up this month to $149 here in middle TN. My house is 1800sq ft, and I have new insulation, metal roof, and high efficiency furnace/ ac. Bills were almost double that before the work and replacement unit.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
I was just wondering what the average power bill was running per month across the USA. Here in Kentucky mine has went threw the roof. November was $586, December $847, January $879. February $759. Last year it was in the $300-$400 range.
Dude, you live in a cardboard box????

Mine was $150 for 1600 sqr ft. 66* during day/night, 70* in evenings.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
My son has a three bedroom house here in NY and he pays $47.00 a month.

I don't even believe it, but I got his bill right here.

Our bill is around $140.00 per month.

As with both households we don't have alot of electronic gadgets to run up our bill,,,TLW

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
My house is all electric as well. 3,000 sqrure feet ranch style. I start at one end of the house and turn lights off as I go threw. The kids run in and out of rooms and leave the lights on. 11 years old and 4 years old. I've told them to turn the shit off I don't know how many times. I guess its time for a trip threw the house unscrewing light bulbs. lol The heat stays around 74-78 deg. :rolleyes:
the heat stays 74 to 78...dam...thats a hell of a waste.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
ours is averaging $200 a month for all elec. 1800 sq ft in S.Carolina. Has been unusually cold here this winter too. My wife keeps the heat on 70 when shes home! :(

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I myself like it on the cool side in the house. But the wife and kids wins the fight over the thermostat. I like it between 60-65. The kids run around the house in there underwear. I make them get dressed and next thing you know......there they go by you in there tighty whities.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
December $101, January $141. All electric with a heat pump. Sept. thru Nov. averaged $68 a month. I like my condo. :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Electric bill....150-160.00 monthly
Gas bill....99.00 last month
2700sqft and heat on 70 all the time grove city ohio
Look for the gas to go up a bit since it has been in the single digits here

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
220 per month for gas and elect ...2700 sqft 2 story gas everything in the house heat stove on demand water heater dryer etc .. the hot tub on the porch is elect and kept at 102deg year round also .. water is about 75 per month

·
25,442 Posts
There is no reason to bother turning off the lights because that isn't your problem.If I set my stat at 78 i would have a $1000 electric bill and would be sweating my balls off if I slept naked without a blanket.

If you grow a set you could cut your bill in half.The wife and kids would have to bitch and moan and deal with a 69 degree enviroment or get a job to pay the bill.

·
25,442 Posts
Mine has averaged around $400 a month and I'm all electric.Gas service isn't available at my house so it is my only utility bill.I have a 2200 sq ft ranch and the thermostat is set at 69 degrees.
I would like to add I don't have a water,sewer,home phone or trash bill either.I have a mortgage and electric bill.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts