Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
That's how I am with this stuff:

Tony Chachere's awesome on chicken, potatoes, fries, pork, veggies, eggs - nearly anything.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I think we all get stuck in ruts with seasoning. I have a friend that puts cumin and green chillies in everything. I like ranch dressing and put dill weed in everything. I suspect everyone does this. It seems older people like hot spiced foods and the more they eat the hotter they like. Give this food to a fresh palate, (kids) and they say yuck. Makes you think we lose taste buds as we get older and need extra kick. The downfall of this as you get older your gastronomical system doesn't seem to agree with some of these flavors. I know some of the things I fix, will make you take the economy 6 for a dollar, when you take a number to use the rest room.
Anymore I cut my guests a break and don't serve Gramma (incert name ending in vowel)s Spagetti sauce which you don't measure spices, you just watch the size of the mountain of green in pot. It is more brown than red when done. It don't burn your mouth, but it will make you sweat. It makes all marinara taste like tomato soup. I fed this to hunting partners once and one hasn't forgiven me yet for the ordeal he went threw the next day in a duck blind.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

Tony Chachere's awesome on chicken, potatoes, fries, pork, veggies, eggs - nearly anything.
X's 3, I had some when we were in Kuwait/Iraq.............made everything taste better!

·
4,872 Posts
I even put it on a plain cheese pizza last night - yum!

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts

That's a bit salty for my taste (the regular Tony Chacheres). I like spicy, and if I use the TC to get to my spice level then it's too salty.....The Tony Chacheres "MORE SPICE" is just right. I can get it as spicy as I like it and it's not too salty.......Not every store has the more spice though....harder to find it....but worth the search!

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Bojangles french fry seasoning!

·
4,872 Posts
That's a bit salty for my taste (the regular Tony Chacheres). I like spicy, and if I use the TC to get to my spice level then it's too salty.....The Tony Chacheres "MORE SPICE" is just right. I can get it as spicy as I like it and it's not too salty.......Not every store has the more spice though....harder to find it....but worth the search!
I'll have to give that a try - you are right, it can get overly salty is you really want to kick up the spice. i use it more as an accent.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Costco has a " Sweet Mesquite " packaged under their Kirkland house brand. Not much sweet about it, has a tiny bit of a tang to it but is extremly tasty !!!! I am using it on almost everything now.

·
Registered
809 Posts
4tbs. paprika ,3 tbs granulated garlic,3 tbs celery salt, 2 tbs brown sugar, 2 tbs chille powder,2 tbs cumin, 1 tbs italian seasoning,1 tbs salt,1 tbs fresh ground black pepper, 1 TSP CAYENNE PEPPER................LEAVE IT OUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE HEAT. I grind all this all up in a coffee grinder that is only used for spices but you can put it in a container and shake it up. Good on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.