Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hope the rule changes in nitro reduce the oildowns. Its really hurt the national events with creating long delays. I'm sure that this has been talked about on this site but it has had an effect on fan attendance and hurt the other racers with their schedule. Let's hope the Horizonal Oil Derrick, HOD, problem will be resolved

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
This kind of conversation always makes me laugh a bit because you cannot really have it both ways. In a heads-up race if you are not trying to go faster each time then you're really not trying at all and the competition aspect is gone. By that I mean, will slower (safer) tune-ups bring in more fans? No. The draw is FAST cars that are getting FASTER. Period. If an event of this caliber could really be finished in a three-hour time slot for TV then I doubt you would have much of a show. Maybe its time to educate the media and sponsors on the fact that this is a lot more complex than professional football.

·
Registered
90 Posts
NHRA did one smart thing by buying more clean up equipment. No reason you can't have various crews cleaning up different areas of the track at the same time.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
NHRA knows who the oilers are--they just cannot afford to send fuel cars home with the thin participation they have now. They need more and better caliber cars. After the top 3 or 4 cars the talent(cash) level drops drastically.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Thought that was another reason for going 1000 foot? Along with safety in the shutdown, wasn't it supposed to also keep the motors together?

I mean I know we all called bullshit when they announced it knowing full well they'd just push them to burn up even faster, but wasn't that part of their original reasoning?

·
Registered
19,382 Posts
Thought that was another reason for going 1000 foot? Along with safety in the shutdown, wasn't it supposed to also keep the motors together?

I mean I know we all called bullshit when they announced it knowing full well they'd just push them to burn up even faster, but wasn't that part of their original reasoning?
Yes but even if they went to the 1/8th, they would soon be blowing them up there too. I believe it's called balls to the wall competition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts