Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Administrator
136,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing its Friday and we have no lives I figured I would post this before Chris U does.. While others will be drinking beers, picking up 18 YO gash and doing a few lines our hopeless lives will be stuck here :-D

·
Administrator
136,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dog you take the high speed machining classes with the AE in Mason Ohio? You guys should think about it if you didn't already..

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Anything over 30 IPM is high speed at my shop, :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'll be spending the weekend working on my truck or raking leaves :-GMAB

·
Administrator
136,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL look at as little as .001" depth of cut (or even down to .0001") on 65+ Rockwell C matrials. Make sure you buy hydraulic and/or shrink to fit tool holders for it that are balance higher than the max spindle speed. Balance Technologies can balance the holders for you guys. Also if you are going to use a mounting plate over the full surface of the table to cut it into 3 sections. Did you guys buy a laser tool setter? How about a probe? I love to spend money.. You guys have extra? Im willing to spend it on some goodies.. :-D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Actually, believe it or not they bought everything you are mentioning.

·
Administrator
136,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have scales on it? If so make sure you have air that is clean of water and oil (or baby guts) before it goes into the drier. You can run a quick test but putting a clean white towel/rag over the air line for around 5 minutes to get a little sample if oil is present in the system.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
West Coast, representin'. Werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

Im off in a few, gonna hit the nice short 100 Mile commute.

I gotta cool toy (well for me anyway), in the bed of the truck. we had a mil/drill press/lath sitting in the corner of the shop, that I picked up for nex to nothing. Now dont go getting all excited, its one of those cheap Chinese ones for "recreational use", nothing like you guys are used to. one of those +/- .1" things. LOL. gonna play & see if I can fix my elect jack for my trailer. Prolly cheaper just to buy a new motor though. LOL.

Bob

·
Registered
10,720 Posts
I can proudly say that I am not a loser this week, maybe next week. I have a hot date tonight!!!! The wife wants to go out for some drinks, then home for some...... :-D. Hey Monty, Get with Chris U and set up a YB meeting, he is going to pick the place.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I dont think that Chris is around, I sent him a PM earlier about blocks & have not heard back from him. Must be out thumpin' on the Mustaro (or is that Camang?), or maybe........... hes actually working or something. LOL.

Bob

1 - 20 of 126 Posts