Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Vendor
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you have been victim to freight damage when ordering equipment for your shop. We had a customer book their own freight because they didn't want to use our preferred carrier. They wanted to save a couple bucks on freight and used some cheapo trucking company to deliver a 3,000 pound machine.
.......well this is what showed up on their dock.

It should have looked like this...............

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
How the hell do you slide material in that to make a bend????

Geez you build some weird shit!!!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Some assembly required
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
What the hell did they do? Drop it off a building? That is a pretty heavy bender to get demolished in shipping.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Ouch.

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
Thats a BROKE, not a brake.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Wow! That takes the cake. When I worked at Dart we had a block come back due to freight damage. There was a hole through the box and when we opened it there was hole punched through the side of the iron block. Seems someone had speared it with a forklift.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Wow! That takes the cake. When I worked at Dart we had a block come back due to freight damage. There was a hole through the box and when we opened it there was hole punched through the side of the iron block. Seems someone had speared it with a forklift.
All too common.

I work in damage prevention, I deal with this stuff on a bigger scale everyday.

Nothing will stop a forklift driver that is determined to punch a hole in your new widget, especially if we are taking LTL.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
we had UPS put a forklift fork, straight through the front of one of our machines. there was a hole straight through the box, packaging material & foam & there was hydrolic fluid ALL over the box.

they come back to us & say "we NEVER use a forklift". they came out to inspect it & after about 2 seconds of looking @ it left & paid the claim.

Bob

·
Impeach obama
6,174 Posts
damn

that looks like it was put in vertically and tipped over.

The driver's name isnt bo duke is it?

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
can you please email the assembly instructions...it doesn't look like the picture..:confused:

·
Registered
410 Posts
All too common.

I work in damage prevention, I deal with this stuff on a bigger scale everyday.

Nothing will stop a forklift driver that is determined to punch a hole in your new widget, especially if we are taking LTL.
Hey now! I work LTL freight all day everyday, and have for the last 6 years, and ive NEVER seen anything this bad.

On the other hand, I have seen some really fucked up stuff lol.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts