Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 664 Posts

·
Boss
2,094 Posts
I have a 25 stainless pre and 100 stainless post

Tim
I'm very surprised that Robin or someone hasn't directed you to change the filter arrangement. As suggested by most manufacturers the 100 micron filter is preferred pre pump (catches the rocks), and the 10-25 micron, post pump, catches the fine stuff pre injectors/needle/seats.

In some internal testing it has been verified that the small 10 micron filters pre pump can cause starvation, and burn up pumps. The Fram spin on style canister filters are one of the worst in this regard.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,359 Posts
What would you like to know? I would entertain a "group buy" per say, but I request to be emailed with inquiries. This isn't the old classifieds section, and Dennis sponsor's this forum.
It was about the flow question on the pump the person above had asked..how was the pump flowed an such..like on the independent magnafuel numbers..where they threw lines an reg or just right from the pump outlet?

·
Boss
2,094 Posts
Sweet. Doug Flynn has the 1800 pump on his car as well, and went through Drag week with it. Just a little insight. His car makes 800HP @ 20psi give or take a little.

"It was about the flow question on the pump the person above had asked..how was the pump flowed an such..like on the independent magnafuel numbers..where they threw lines an reg or just right from the pump outlet? "

I don't have that answer, but I will try to get it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Interesting the vanes got killed when it is a gear pump:confused:

Mine has ran out of fuel many times and is perfectly fine

That is holleys claimed numbers, the independent magna fuel ones are from the tank, to the rails, and back
assumption of "vanes"
Fact after running two of them dry fuel pressure did NOT come back and required a rebuild. Maybe the motors fried from over speeding. IDK know not my car just what I was told. John ate a pump, I loaned him mine (4301) within the month before he even paid me for it ate the 2nd pump. Then Paid for it.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I have used the pump just shy of a year and EFI. I have done a few trips non stops at just shy of 3 hrs. No issues. I even run both pumps at the same time. I do like how Rick said he wired the second pump though. I may ad my extra A1000 as a back up and put it on a toggle switch and kick it on after my burnout at the track. That's the only time I am running stupid boost levels. On the street running both the Holley pumps at the same time has been a non issue. I run E85 and tons of stop and go traffic. Well not tons but a lot.
This is great news to me. What kind of fuel filter and other parts are you using? I am not interested in running multiple fuel pumps if I don't have to. I will be running boost upwards of 36+ if I can grow some balls big enough to stay on the throttle after the car acts stupid. Lol. How much boost have you made so far with the car.

·
Boss
2,094 Posts
So anybody run this pump on a street car, pardon my ignorance if it was already mentioned. Just briefly went threw all of it
Shane has one on the "Crusty Nova". Doug Flynn, has one on his Nova. Doug makes 800+ @ 20psi, and took it on drag week.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I am in the market for a fuel pump to and was thinking about using the a 1000 or the holley 1800.my combo will be 3400lb,junkyard 5.3ls, efi, bw 400 series t6 turbo with somewhere between 10-20lbs of boost.this will be using 91oct pump fuel all the time.i just want to make sure I have enough pump with a little extra to spare in case I decide to do a junkyard 6.0 in the future with all the other parts staying the same.thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Is it OK to run them both all the time and just return the fuel not needed? Also what regulator on these for a boosted EFI application?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Im surprised there is only an 8an inlet on these pumps. The eliminators where burning up cuz the inlet was too small. They went to 12an and it fixed the problem.

61 - 80 of 664 Posts