Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 664 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you ran two of the Holley pumps I would assume you would have to enlarge the return line from -8 to a -10an? I have thought about adding a second one since I already have all the line and fitting from when I ran two A-1000's. I would have the second Holley come on with a Hobbs switch. I only plan to do this if I move from E85 to pure methanol at the track.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,359 Posts
It is strange that Fastcat says 1100 on gas and TurboBu says 1050-1100 on E85? The 12-1400 should make 1100 on gas.
i agree..their should be a bigger window on the e85..i need a pump that will support 1400-1500hp on a efi setup on gas an figured i would be right at the edge of the pumps limits but only 1100hp on gas will leave me really short.i was going to get the magnafuel 4303 but am worried about boiling the fuel with it which ive read people having issues with that when on gas..

i can get the 1800 pump and 848 reg for less then what the 4303 cost it self.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,359 Posts
I've absolutely ran 159 multiple times at 3550# call it whatever hp you'd like. I don't think you are going to buy one from a retailer for $257 today. but still much less expensive than Magnafuel. I would no take a belt or cable drive off. I would consider supplementing a belt drive with electric and remove the belt for long drives.
mph and weight says 1172 on wallace and e.t an weight is 1100.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,359 Posts
looking at holleys chart on 13 volts
@ 8psi it flows 190gph good for 2100n/a and 1600 forced.
@ 43psi it flows 156gph good for 1800n/a and 1400 forced.
@60psi it flows 140gph good for 1600n/a and 1200 forced.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
does the above not change with the boost referenced regulator? IF you run 41 psi base then you could only run 19psi boost? Also are those numbers on Gas or E-85? I would think the E-85 would require 30 to 40 percent more.
New to this and have not bought mine yet.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'm running pump e70-85 base pressure 58#. The answer to increasing the return line, if you are staging the pumps with boost then no because the engine will be consuming the addional fuel. Only have a -6 return with 1 1800 pump. But the dominator turns the second pump on at like 2 psi boost.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I've run the pump for 1 1/2 seasons, it has been flawless. So quiet I cannot tell if it is on. 2nd pump comes on when I arm my boost controller after my burnout.

To date I've been 8.501 @ 159.41 with a blow through carb, 355cui and a S480 turbo in a 3,545lb car.

I see now that it sells for $378-$420 and the A1000 is right around $350, with that said, i'd still go with this pump over one or two A1000's, but I still have my 5 year old A1000 and it worked flawlessly (I keep it as a spare).

Also, Holley has now rated it for E85 and Diesel usage.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
How is this Holley pump when you are doing a lot of street driving from stoplight to stoplight? What if I want go on a short road trip of 65 miles? I have looked at this pump before and you'll are the first I have heard using it. Will I have to purchase the Areomotive Fuel Pump Speed Controller with it?

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/turp_0902_aeromotive_fuel_pump_controller/

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
How is this Holley pump when you are doing a lot of street driving from stoplight to stoplight? What if I want go on a short road trip of 65 miles? I have looked at this pump before and you'll are the first I have heard using it. Will I have to purchase the Areomotive Fuel Pump Speed Controller with it?

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/turp_0902_aeromotive_fuel_pump_controller/
I have used the pump just shy of a year and EFI. I have done a few trips non stops at just shy of 3 hrs. No issues. I even run both pumps at the same time. I do like how Rick said he wired the second pump though. I may ad my extra A1000 as a back up and put it on a toggle switch and kick it on after my burnout at the track. That's the only time I am running stupid boost levels. On the street running both the Holley pumps at the same time has been a non issue. I run E85 and tons of stop and go traffic. Well not tons but a lot.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,359 Posts
You can get the pump an reg i said for 459$ shipped..i used google an put the part numbers in an went with lowest price shipped..

The guys using the 848 reg how are you setting it up..ill be using the -8 holley rails..yall just running -10 to the reg an -10 to -8 reducers on the reg or up at the rails..ill be doing -8 return

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
No personal experience running a 4303 myself but, one of my buddies who listens too much to the wrong people put a 1.8 gallon fuel cell in the front of his car. It barely has enough fuel to be pushed into the burnout box, make a pass and power coast back to the pits. twice he has forgot to fill it and ran out driving to the lanes. Both times killed the vanes in the pump. and they are noisy compared to the 1800. $325-$260 is current street price. i wouldn't expect any customer service at the $325 price. BigD427w is a holley dealer and a great tech and racer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sounds like the Dominator is more reliable...and quiet which is a big plus. Comparing Holley's chart on their site, and an independent testing (posted by RPS) of the 4303 both at 13.5v, the 1800 flows 140 GPH @60 PSI and the 4303 flows 137 GPH @60 PSI. Unless I'm not considering something else the Holley sounds like a better pump all around to me?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Once consideration I may have overlooked on that last post is that the independent test done on the 4303 by RPS was with filters, lines, rails, and a FPR. Not sure if the numbers listed on the Holley site are just the pump, or done with an entire system like RPS did with the 4303.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
No personal experience running a 4303 myself but, one of my buddies who listens too much to the wrong people put a 1.8 gallon fuel cell in the front of his car. It barely has enough fuel to be pushed into the burnout box, make a pass and power coast back to the pits. twice he has forgot to fill it and ran out driving to the lanes. Both times killed the vanes in the pump. and they are noisy compared to the 1800. $325-$260 is current street price. i wouldn't expect any customer service at the $325 price. BigD427w is a holley dealer and a great tech and racer.
Interesting the vanes got killed when it is a gear pump:confused:

Mine has ran out of fuel many times and is perfectly fine

That is holleys claimed numbers, the independent magna fuel ones are from the tank, to the rails, and back

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like this is the pump most people like the most on here. Are all of you EFI guys using a 100 pre and 10 micron post?

41 - 60 of 664 Posts